“Great local find - Sort out the Bar !” 4 of 5 bubbles

Picotin Express
Ranked #1,355 of 10,424 Restaurants in Singapore
Cuisines: Italian, French, Pizza, European
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Great local find - Sort out the Bar !”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2011

Great to discover this bistro / restaurant not far from were we live. Pizzas are fantastic - Freshly cooked and wafer thin - just how I like them ! Called in for brunch and then came back later on my own as they are showing the Rugby World Cup and large screens outside and in the bar on TVs. As you can imagine, place was heaving for the England match and there was a great atmosphere. The bar though was totally unprepared to deal with that amount of people. Staff were pretty clueless and wait times were very long. It appears only one person is allowed to manage the till so consequently all orders are then passed across to be billed - well it was just chaos. Receipts everywhere - drinks overcharged / undercharged you name it.
Top tip (I used to run a bar) Simply the service, trust your staff and be well prepared and the place will be great.

• Visited September 2011
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Shanghai, China
“Impressive dessert”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2011

We went there twice for dinner/drinks and asked once for pizza delivery.

I was impressed by their dessert, especially the chocolate medley, it became my favourite dessert after I ordered once. It's a beautiful medley of chocolate praline tart, dark chocolate mousse, chocolate terrine, white chocolate sorbet...

The ambience can be very nice when it's not so crowded, which was not always the case.

We have ordered once the pizza delivery, I personally don't think they have the best pizzas in town.

Anyway it still remains on my list of dining places.

• Visited April 2011
“Hot Pursuit”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2011

Was at Picotin for a business lunch and had a 21" Pizza for a start with a nice cup of hot coffee. The Pizza is delicious, but I find the service a lot more palatable. I was hot on the Pizza but kind of left my coffee in the cold, and when I was about to sip it, I realised, I would have preferred it to be a little warmer. I asked if something could be done to warm it up and "George Michael" (sorry, I laughed so hard at your name I forgot to ask for your real name) came to my table and said, "Let me see what I can do". In a second, he came with a new cup of hot brew. So what does one do in a time like this? I thanked him and told him how impressed I was. He returned my thanks with a little skip. He made my day with a hot brew and his warm service. Just in case you think I was there for a casual business lunch - nope, I was there to clinch a serious deal. The deal was sealed as I sipped the last drop of coffee and "George Michael", wish you were there to see me skip out of Picotin, in triumph. Thanks again, your caffeine made the difference!

• Visited June 2011
Leeds, United Kingdom
“best pizza in singapore”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2011

food and drinks excellent, service good.
good surrounding with things to do for example rabbit feeding, arts and crafts store but they are not within this establishment and purchased elsewhere.
food- pizzas, pastas and european influence, all of a good quality.
drinks- usual soft drinks, beer such as stella, tiger, boddingtons and much more.
manager, Jackie, is extremely hospitable and welcoming.
i would look forward to visiting again next year.

• Visited April 2011
Singapore, Singapore
“Ambience great, food so so, toilet yuks”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2011

Before we went to Picotin, I read all the reviews - in 2008 and 2009 they got 3 and 4 ratings, but in 2010 they have only three ratings, 5, 2 and 1. Still we went ahead, the
waiters may not be graduates of Shatec, but they tried to be of service, the food ok but
not something to crave over, the ambience is the only 5 stars I would offer but the toilets
are a MINUS 0. They should really do something to upgrade the toilets. I see a lot of
families with young kids there, and the management should be thoughtful to install
urinals for boys. I saw mothers bringing their sons to ladies toilet.

• Visited March 2011