“My absolute favourite!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of RAS The Essence of India

RAS The Essence of India
Ranked #172 of 10,424 Restaurants in Singapore
Cuisines: Indian, Asian
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic, Large groups, Scenic view, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Australia
“My absolute favourite!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

I visit Singapore at least once a year and ALWAYS enjoy having dinner here. The location is beautiful and the food exceptional. I have travelled a lot and by far to date this is my favourite Indian restaurant.

Visited May 2013

Sydney, Australia
“Great location and food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

I have eaten here before, and the food is very good.
Authentic Indian, cooked just to your liking.
As with most places in Clarke Quay, prices are a little exy, but it is a tourist district so to be expected.

Nice outlook, friendly and efficient staff who will look after you.

Well worth a vist when you are in SIngapore.

Visited June 2013
Hong Kong, China
“Nice but expensive”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013

I had a very nice meal at Ras during my last trip to Singapore. The outdoors seating by the water is very nice, the service is good and the food is excellent. The cost was significantly more than I expected it to be, having eaten recently at other very nicely located Indian restaurants at nearby Boat Quay.

• Visited June 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
London England
“Top Indian but top dollar.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013

We walked along the key and was drawn from the aromatic smells coming from the tables out the Ras on Clarks Quay, so decided to stop. The welcome was very encouraging and we were asked whe we wanted to st in or out smoking or not river etc. we picked our table and an order for drinks was taken so we could browse the menu. Within a few minutes a man came and asked if we needed any he and we did as London Indian is not Singapore Indian . Anyway we managed to order a modified dish as my wife does no like her Indian hot and this was taken on board without question or issue. The mean arrive and was wholesome tasty and very well presented. We consumed most of it and then had a sweet which was also delicious. So a good experience but it was expensive compared to what we pay in London. RAS nice food but £££££.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Holly Springs, North Carolina
“Excellent Meal on Clarke Quay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2013

Wonderful meal with various types of curry. It was very authentic - the best Indian food I've had outside of India. Great selections of naan, dal, tandori shrimp, curried lamb. I was also surpised with the variety of beer available as well. Great service put it over the top. It was also a fantastic location looking out over the river, right in the middle of a very vibrant, busy area of town

• Visited May 2013