Chatterbox
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Orchard Road
Reviewed July 6, 2014

We were staying closeby and didn't want to travel to China Town to try the Hainan Chicken so walked up the Mandarin Orchard Singapore, Level 5 to experience their dish. it was delicious, healthy but a little expensive. My husband had a coconut drink, I had a diet Coke and a coconut icecream for dessert (This ice cream is to die for) plus we both had the chicken and the bill was over $100 Singapore dollars.

As previous reviewers mentioned if money isn't an issue then you will enjoy it. The decor is calming and service attentive and excellent.

Reviewed June 21, 2014 via mobile

The chicken rice at the chatterbox restaurant at the Mandarin orchard is very very good , just like the title above. The rice is full of flavor and aroma... Chicken portions are good. And cooked well and nice. Now comes the complaints. It's too pricey. Even for Singapore standards.. I've been coming here for more than 10 years and always complain about the price. However if money is not an issue, you have to try this excellent chicken rice

1  Thank Syed A
Reviewed June 20, 2014 via mobile

Decided to check out the chicken rice which they have always been well known for and chicken rice being my favorite dish decided to check out thou I have been there several times long long time ago I was never dissapointed with the quality and good portion size in fact had difficulty finishing wish I got more soup I believe I would have got it if I asked for.It wasn't cheap chicken rice set and a drink for Sgd40 plus but that will not stop me from going there once again went I back to Singapore.Well this time they have upgraded the outlet which is in Mandarin hotel.If you can afford you should treat yourself to it just like what I did.

Reviewed June 16, 2014

5 star food, let met say that straight up. Just lovely, fresh and aromatic chicken. However, I'll deduct a star for the price. I have never ever, in all my travels around the world, seen a $10 dollar coca-cola. Until I went to Chatterbox. Still great food, but I'm not sure it's quite worth the price. If money's no object though, drop in for sure.

Reviewed June 9, 2014

By the time we checked into the hotel it was almost 9pm, we wanted to grab some decent food on Orchard Road. We tried our luck and to our pleasant surprise Chatterbox was still open. However, we had to wait at least 30 minutes even at 9pm!

We ordered a chicken rice, bakuteh and fried noodles. To be fair the quality and portion size were better than average, albeit totally overpriced.

Overall I recommend it to first time travellers but it's not somewhere I will go all the time. Also, if there's a long line at the door, leave.