“All time favorite”

Neighborhood: Orchard Road
Siem Reap
“All time favorite”
Reviewed June 20, 2014 via mobile

Decided to check out the chicken rice which they have always been well known for and chicken rice being my favorite dish decided to check out thou I have been there several times long long time ago I was never dissapointed with the quality and good portion size in fact had difficulty finishing wish I got more soup I believe I would have got it if I asked for.It wasn't cheap chicken rice set and a drink for Sgd40 plus but that will not stop me from going there once again went I back to Singapore.Well this time they have upgraded the outlet which is in Mandarin hotel.If you can afford you should treat yourself to it just like what I did.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Reykjavik, Iceland
“Top quality but you'll pay through your teeth”
Reviewed June 16, 2014

5 star food, let met say that straight up. Just lovely, fresh and aromatic chicken. However, I'll deduct a star for the price. I have never ever, in all my travels around the world, seen a $10 dollar coca-cola. Until I went to Chatterbox. Still great food, but I'm not sure it's quite worth the price. If money's no object though, drop in for sure.

• Visited June 2014
Hong Kong, China
“Don't line up”
Reviewed June 9, 2014

By the time we checked into the hotel it was almost 9pm, we wanted to grab some decent food on Orchard Road. We tried our luck and to our pleasant surprise Chatterbox was still open. However, we had to wait at least 30 minutes even at 9pm!

We ordered a chicken rice, bakuteh and fried noodles. To be fair the quality and portion size were better than average, albeit totally overpriced.

Overall I recommend it to first time travellers but it's not somewhere I will go all the time. Also, if there's a long line at the door, leave.

• Visited April 2014
Jakarta, Indonesia
“If you're here to try the chicken rice, don't waste your time and money. Its nothing special.”
Reviewed May 22, 2014

I was starving in Singapore and was looking to be Wow'ed. Came to Chatterbox to try their Famous Chicken Rice. Ive read about it in magazines, heard about it from friends, and read about it online. So I decided to give it a try.

Arrived a little after 5pm and it was pretty empty and there were a lot of workers just standing around. I was their 4th table and I was expecting great service since they were overstaffed. While looking at the extremely over priced menu, I over heard the people behind me asking whats taking so long for their food as they had a flight to catch, they seemed very aggravated. Anyhow I already knew i wanted to try the dark meat chicken rice, but i also wanted to get an appetizer, however nothing seemed to catch my eye. I went ahead and just ordered their signature dish as I thought for $27 its probably going to be an enormous portion.

Food came extremely fast, only within minutes of ordering. First thing that came to mind was, its just a regular portion that you can get almost anywhere else. However I started to dig in since I was starving.

The chicken wasn't flavorful and was not tender as dark meat should be. I waved down a waitress and asked her about it, but she assured me that it was dark meat. I took her word for it, but for this to be their signature dish, I'm not sure why everyone raves about this place. It was not special at all.

The soup was good, but probably because of all the fried scallions they add into it. It would have been a lot better if it was hot instead of luke warm.

The rice was probably the best part of the meal. It was just perfectly cooked to the way i like. Flavor was okay, but texture was exactly what i wanted.

The service was pretty lousy actually. It took forever to get a server to place the order, my water glass was empty half way thru my meal, and it took forever to get my bill. I don't understand how or why the service was so bad, there are so many waiters just standing around and not doing anything.

Chicken rice was $27, after service and tax the total came out to $31.80. Don't make the same mistake as I did and try it out. Its a waste of time and money, go down one floor and try one of the other many restaurants.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Henry O
Sydney, Australia
“superb”
Reviewed May 8, 2014

I have been to this restaurant many times before, I always go away with a great feeling of satisfaction and happiness. The restaurant offer refine grade of local delicacies.
I enjoyed those local items on the menu. Most recently I hosted a few visitors from USA for lunch, I have the Beef Kway Teow, so delicious and beef is tender, very easy to eat, my wife and one US friend had the Chicken Rice, so flavorful and the chili source and ginger source bring the enjoyment to the next level, Another US friend had the Laksa, he likes it instantly, considered seldom eat local food, his enjoyment is tantamount to clear endorsement of the food here.
Service here mostly quite good, but may occasionally run into some new staff or temporary staff that less proficient, this is also the reflection of tight labor market situation in Singapore.
For visitors to Singapore, it is highly recommended you have a meal here to bring home great memory of good local Singapore food.

• Visited May 2014