“Truly an Okinawan Re-Experience”

Nirai Kanai - Okinawan Restaurant
Neighborhood: Orchard Road
Neighborhood: Orchard Road
Reviewed July 13, 2012

Has been a very long time since I visited Okinawa but this restaurant brought back the tastes I remember. A wonderful dining experience and as authentic as it gets outside Okinawa. Food is Great, well prepared, good prices. Not in the easiest location to find unless you know where it is so please ask. It is very close to the Tanglin Mall area.

Reviewed July 26, 2011

This place is hidden away on the 4th floor of the Tanglin Shopping Center and it's a real gem. We only knew it was there because last week we visited the Indonesian on the same floor (which is also very nice but I forget the name).

You can get authentic Japanese dishes at reasonable prices. We had chicken yakitori, rice balls, wasabi octopus (I don't like wasabi but I liked this), bitter gourd, pork and tofu stir fry, seared beef and some other things. We asked twice for the appetizers to come before the other things but they didn't. Never mind - the food was still great and it appeared within 5 minutes of ordering.

We drank Jacobs Creek Chardonnay (comes in 175 ml bottles at $12.90 each). We weren't given a dessert menu so didn't bother asking. We went to Coffee Club at Wheelock Place for dessert (which was a BIG mistake because it was awful). I would visit this Japanese restaurant again for sure. The food was great.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Singapore
Reviewed September 29, 2009

Not sure though is this address is correct, the one i frequent is at Liang Court; great place (due to it's location being secluded) for a family lunch/dinner with kids where extra attention from onlookers can be bypassed

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed June 18, 2009

I come here all the time

Must tries: pork rib noodle, okinawan pancake, grilled pork belly with salt, unagi fried rice, grilled ox tongue

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed October 27, 2008

visited the one at liang court. enjoyed the salted pork belly ... yummy. food portions are a bit small though

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook