“Worst Service ever”

Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Melbourne, Australia
“Worst Service ever”
Reviewed March 28, 2014

Brotzeit 'Raffles City' , I have eaten here on several occasions but my last experience was enough to keep me away forever. I went in for lunch just on 12.noon , no greeting from staff members and found a table without being directed to one. Only a hand full of guests at this stage, after waiting 15 minutes I had to grab the attention of a staff member.Placed an order for set lunch, soup came in 5 minutes which was good but main meal came 35 minutes later, no apology at all. Extremely bad service here, with the manger not even looking concerned, The barman took my drink order and he forgot to bring the drink as he was busy just talking opposed to looking after customers. Manager was not in control and his two staff members looked flustered, arguing with each other over meal orders. The manager here could learn a lot from their 313 Orchard Road location, the service at Somerset is excellent ,

Visited March 2014
1 Thank GlenIris58

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
“Rude, Poor Service”
Reviewed March 22, 2014

Went over to this restaurant on a typical Sunday for lunch with my partner, I have been to this place once before and feels that the food was good and I came back for the crispy pork knuckle as it was one of their signature...on my disappointment, the item ran off, and it need an hour to wait for the next batch, but however, as I am also in a hospitality industry, it is acceptable for me as this is a high demanding item in their menu, I then approached to order other items instead.

Everything was quite well until even there are some minor hiccups on services that seems to be reluctant but it is still bearable as the place seems to be short handed.

Disaster struck during the billing time, as I first approached an Indian lady by flagging her with my hands as she is out at the alfresco dining area, she came by and acknowledged the request and went off but did not came by after 15 minutes, I am still patient by that and flag for another assistant and he came by with a charming smile and acknowledged, but still he did not came by again, no problem on this at all yet until the third person I flagged on, which is a lady, I am sorry I did not get hold of her and also her name BUT i definitely will recognize her if I get to see her again...seems to be either a filipino, or a myanmar nationality or either a vietnamese, to be in her middle age, holding an electronic ordering device, came by and while I said "can I have the bill please", to my wonders and to my surprise! She just walk off with a look on her face like 'huh!'ceih", I mean it is NO ACKNOWLEDGEMENT at all, whether she get my question or request!? She just walk off to serve other tables and to take on other patrons orders....never even care to bother what I said...

Brotzeit management, Singapore city is a place where customer service is very important as it is an island which Tourism industry plays a big part, correct me if I am wrong, it is a Hospitality industry where you need passionate people, we as the hospitality industry does not expect 100% perfect services from our staffs, as we knows that nothing is perfect or vice versa, service industry now are in need of manpower, therefore we or I know that there are much critical place to look at or to cover the crucial manpower part, but still, deliverance need to meet the basic criteria. What your staff (this typical lady) is not what a hospitality industry need, rude and shows no respect to a customer!

I am writing in not to demand for anything, but I am just trying to let you know that this staff of yours, is ruining the image of our hospitality world. The standard of service in Singapore lately has been struggling, and yet, me myself as a hospitality management in my own career has personally experience the rudeness and negligence of your staff in public, against a paying customer...

At least, you should acknowledge with a Yes, Sir, let me check on the bill and come back to you in a minute, our apologies to keep you waiting...

What is the nuisance of just swaying off with the look of not happy?

• Visited March 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Definitely try the pork knuckle”
Reviewed March 12, 2014 via mobile

We had a business team evening at BW and the food & drinks were pre-ordered for us before we arrived. It was the only restaurant that was that busy on a Wednesday evening at VivoCity. We had a good service (probably helped that our German colleague knows the manager) and the food arrived pretty quickly. Food was good too. I don't quite remember all the names but remember the pork knuckle. It's definitely worth having.

Sevenoaks, United Kingdom
“Great place for food after Sentosa Island trip!!”
Reviewed March 12, 2014

After coming back from the Island my partner and I did some shopping. Located on the ground floor, looking out over the river to Sentosa this place is excellent for some German food! Be prepared to queue for your table though, it's popular!

• Visited March 2014
Colombo, Sri Lanka
“Beer + Pizza! ”
Reviewed March 7, 2014 via mobile

Located near the MRT station. Good range of beer, there are special promotions sometimes.

Perfect for a afternoon beer and some pizza.