“Used to be great, just alright now”

The Blue Ginger Restaurant
Ranked #320 of 11,869 Restaurants in Singapore
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Chinatown
Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

It used to be an authentic, fresh cooked restaurant.
My third visit to Blue Ginger was a bit of let down though.
1. Food was served in a minute we finished ordering, not to mention they served mains first instead of starters.
2. Dishes were lukewarm.
3. If I were to eat some precooked meals, I'd have chosen to go to Maxwell food court. Why would I pay this price for such food?
4. Only 1 person (probably the manager) spoke English that I could understand unfortunately.

1  Thank Charmbird

Reviewed November 27, 2013

Decent venue and restaurant. Nice terrace on 1st floor. Service good. Food OK but really nothing special. Can get as good from the hawker stalls. Price reasonable.

Reviewed November 21, 2013

We ate at Blue Ginger a couple of weeks ago. The food is very average as are the restaurant surroundings. A fairly non descript meal and not somewhere that I would head back to. A short but sweet review as it was so unmemorable there is really nothing more to say.

Reviewed November 6, 2013

I was with a large group of people and samples about a dozen dishes. I thought the food was outstanding and the service was very attentive!

I look forward to going back on my next trip to Singapore.

Reviewed November 2, 2013

It's difficult to find a good value restaurants in his city. Plenty of great street food at hawkers centers, but restaurants tend to be pricey. We went as a group of six and decided to leave the choice of dishes to the waiter. I can't remember exactly what we had but the highlights were the crispy skin cod and the chicken with the black nut (speciality); the spicy prawns were also good and the aubergine tasty, but my rendang is better! My guess is whatever you order will be lovingly prepared and plated in this family restaurant where the pride in the food is obvious. As residents, we shall be back!