“Quiet restaurant, amazing food, incredible service”
Review of Riders Cafe

Riders Cafe
Ranked #177 of 11,073 Restaurants in Singapore
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed March 4, 2013

I am more often than not disappointed with restaurant experiences in Singapore.....especially if it involves a group of people. I went to Riders Cafe with a group of 15 women and it was a fantastic experience! The service was timely and attentive. I had the fish of the day with artichoke puree and it was incredible. Ladies who ordered the lamb and grilled chicken salad were raving about their food as well.

The only downside....and it was my own ignorance....I didn't realize it was an open air restaurant so I was a bit warm in what I was wearing.

There are newer reviews for Riders Cafe

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Great western style restaurant in the middle of a green lush parc near the horses stable.
Great setting and nice to eat in a collonial style away from the city. Do not expect a great entrance but the service and the food are good.

Reviewed February 5, 2013

We went on a Thursday night with a baby in a car seat which we sat on one of the chairs. It was lovely and quiet. There were a few other tables occupied. We sat on the verandah (no booking) which overlooks the Saddle Club, though you can't see it in the evening. I had steak which was pretty good (not excellent but still good). The chocolate cake was AMAZING and huge! My husband had burger and fries. I would describe it as casual and well prepared basic food, nothing too fancy.

The waiter was lovely and no problem taking the baby. There are stairs so it is not stroller friendly but you could easily carry the stroller up the one set of stairs. There was no air conditioning but with the windows open on either side there was a great breeze and it was nice to sit outside. Next to the building is a children's playground so you could watch the kids from that side during the day I imagine.

Definitely need to catch a taxi or drive. But if you are driving there is plenty of parking and it is free!

Reviewed January 27, 2013

I reserved a table over the phone some hours in advance, when we arrived no reservation was found. Anyway, a week later they called and confirmed the reservation (!). The Seafood Cioppino is a total disaster which obviously is some reheated stuff hence the few shrimps inside are like Michelins meaning not the stars but the tires. The crab contained nothing. The waiters are apparently brain dead. No questions asked about anything, just took the orders, dumped the food on the table, and after a lot of waiving one came and got my credit card. Again not a single question asked. No, I did not tip them since I will not be back.

Reviewed December 26, 2012

Review on Iron Lady the egg Benedict is good. Another disappointment. Wrong type of bread use . Hollandaise sauce too little. My bf try their Xmas set steak. The steak was cook just nice.
Cafe is warm. So please wear short shelves .

1  Thank Hotchill