“great and reasonably priced food!”
Review of Food For Thought

Ranked #1,588 of 10,788 Restaurants in Singapore
Cuisines: Contemporary, Cafe, Soups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Makati, Philippines
“great and reasonably priced food!”
Reviewed March 12, 2013

nice ambience, great food, superb service! i ordered house works-- yummy! we enjoyed our breakfast. the filipino staff there is friendly, patient and very helpful. will definitely go back to try the rest of the menu!

• Visited July 2012
FFThoughtSg, Corporate Communications Executive at Food For Thought, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Hi Andi S,

Thank you for taking time to write us a review, we appreciate it very much!

Glad to hear that you enjoyed our food and service, do hope to see you back soon :)

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Singapore, Singapore
“Casual place to take the kids and then go for a walk”
Reviewed February 5, 2013

Casual place that is cafeteria like inside. There are a few HUGE tables so it is where some mothers groups tend to gather. There is a playground outside and glass windows to watch them and seating outside also. There is no view (only of the playground) as it is located on the basement level with the playground being open to the outside. There is lots of room inside if the kids are running around and casual so no one is bothered. You order food at the register and they bring it to you and prices are matched accordingly.

You can reach it from the car park but also from the gardens down the ramp (stroller friendly). The doors are big and heavy so getting in and out may take some assistance with a stroller. It is a nice place to hang out and have a coffee or cold drink before or after going for a walk around the lake. The cakes I have had there have also been really nice. I've been there quite a few times during my walks in the gardens, alone and with friends. And there is free wifi from memory!

• Visited October 2012
FFThoughtSg, Community Relations Executive at Food For Thought, responded to this review, March 3, 2013
Hi FDEBLB,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review, we really do appreciate it! We are definitely a huge space as we have in mind to be family-friendly to accommodate strollers, kids running around and also thought to put in full glass windows to let parents have the option to stay indoors while kids have fun at the playground.

Generally we have staff located near the door to assist with the heavy doors, we do apologise if that was not the case for you, we will inform our Restaurant Manager to let our staff know to keep an eye out more. Great memory - wifi is free at both our outlets and we are most happy to hear that you liked our cakes, we do hope to have you back in the near future!

Cheers,
Singapore
“Nice Surprise”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Just had lunch there. What an improvement over what was there before. Casual restaurant offering local and western cuisine. Prices don't break the piggy bank and food is good. Service could be a little better but I think they are short of staff...like everywhere else.

Visited October 2012
Hi edmund_nicholas,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a lovely review, we are indeed short of staff but that should not be an excuse regarding service. We hear you and we will definitely work on improving our service quality!

Regards,
Marbella, Spain
“Much better than review I based on an accident. An accident!”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Family including baby plus 5 year old plus 4 adults. Everything perfect, from play area, seating arrangements plenty of high chairs, sensible prices authentic local specialties and good range of drinks. No accidents, great service, clean wiping down, no complaints. We shall go again

Hi Bugsie M,

We really appreciate the understanding! Do come back for a visit and we will strive to keep up the good work and more :)

Cheers,
Singapore, Singapore
“Average food but poor service”
Reviewed September 8, 2012

My friends always have been meaning to try this place and today we finally had the time to do it before catching a recital. 2 parts to this review:

1)Service:
Unfortunately service is not the greatest from the get go.There were 2 tables for 4 (we were a party of 3) with no reservation signs and empty bar seats facing their big windows. We told the waitress and she told us to wait for the table seats. I am unsure for the reason of the wait. So we asked for the bar seats. She said she had to go ask. Again, not sure why floor staff is unsure of seating. She came back in a couple of minutes to let us know we can sit there. After taking our orders and serving us water, we were told the tables were available (same tables we were looking at earlier) and asked us whether would we want to move. So we did.

Here's the whammy. As the waitress was serving our drinks, 2 glasses of iced lemon tea on her tray toppled and emptied their contents on me, soaking my dress (waist down), my shoes, my bag (which unfortunately was open as I just placed my phone in), my scarf and the gadgets within (wet Kindle, wet Blackberry, wet Ipod etc.) She quickly apologized and another staff came with a mop and a not-too-clean washrag (i think it was used to wipe tables since I worked in a restaurant before and know the smell of a table cloth) to hand to me. I would have felt better if it was a clean cloth and not something they use to wipe tables with, even though it was used to stem the rivulets of water dripping off my dress. Oh and the staff had a sour look on her face as if I am the one who caused the spill. So much for being sorry.

They did not show me the way to the bathroom (as they were intent on cleaning up their spill) and I had to rely on my friends to inform me where it was. Walking past other diners who stared at the mess on me is plenty embarrassing.

After spending a good 20 minutes drying up my dress in the bathroom, I ventured back to my seat in my sticky self. My bag itself was a sticky mess. No managers came to offer their apologies or asked what could be done. The waitress herself never ventured near our table again.

After the meal, the bill came and they told us that they are not charging for the drinks (it sounded like they were doing a favour for us) and a 10% discount = SGD16.50 ish. Our meal was around SGD55 ish. So we still had to pay for our meal but I was left in dismay at the content of my bag and at my clothing as we had to attend an event after that. My bag cleaning bill will probably be more than SGD16.50.

Food:
Food was average which is why I rated this place as "Poor" rather than "Terrible". Out of the whole meal, I enjoyed the rosemary garlic fries the most. My linguine was cut into bite sized pieces instead of it being served as in its original state. Maybe it was to ease the eating process.

• Visited September 2012
FFThoughtSg, Corporate Communications Executive at Food For Thought, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
Hi Tuen C,

Thank you for taking time to e-mail us about the incident. We appreciate the feedback given and we thank you for your patience as we looked into this matter.

We hear you on how distressing this incident has been for you. We are deeply sorry for what happened and hope you can accept our apology for not being more attentive to your needs on the spot. We certainly could and should have done more.

With regards to not directing you to the toilet straight away, our staff had wrongly assumed that you were familiar with the layout of our café and that it was better to leave you alone. That was a clear misjudgement of the situation.

Over and above our offer to pick up your laundry bill, we could have done more to help you feel comfortable again and assure you that we did not make light of the incident. Your meal should definitely have been on the house without question. Unfortunately, our Manager was not present that evening and our service crew that evening did not feel they had full liberty to waive the total bill. We realise this is a lapse in our training programme and we are using your feedback as impetus to further improve our service to all who dine with us here.

Despite our mistakes, we sincerely hope that we will get another opportunity to serve you better someday. We thank you for your honest words and kind understanding. The offer to pick up your laundry bill still stands and we have also responded you via email, please do let us know how else we can make up for the incident.

Regards,