“Good steak and service”

Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Orchard Road
Reviewed March 14, 2014

The elegant, much raved-about Lawrys, known for its prime ribs, used to be situated at Paragon Orchard. I heard about it for a long time, but it was always deemed a very pricey place, especially when I was still a student. My friend and I decided to try it out on my birthday one year, after yearning to go for so long.

The elegant interior with appropriately lighting, plush high-back seats and racks of wine. The uniformed waitresses and waiters were all polite in their greetings, and we were seated at our reserved table shortly upon arriving.

I had expected the interior to be more formidable, with everyone talking in hushed tones and the diners all dressed up. To my surprise, the ambience was rather family-style, and everyone looked comfortable and happy.

We placed our orders and awaited our meals to be served.

We had the Chef who came to our table to prepare the salad. She literally mixed and tossed it in front of us, in that large metal bowl. When she finally placed the salad on our table, we were pleasantly surprised at how fresh and delicious it was. This is what they call the Famous Original Spinning Bowl Salad, consisting of Crisp romaine and iceberg lettuce, watercress, shredded beets, chopped eggs and croutons, tossed with our exclusive Lawry's vintage dressing on a bed of ice

Now, my Lawrys Cut - their traditional and most popular cut for steaks. I chose medium-rare, my usual. The meat was very tender and easy to cut. The taste was good, with hints of my red wine sauce enhancing the flavors of the beef and the flavors were bursting in my mouth ... hmm yummy. The dish came with Idaho mashed potatoes, Yorkshire Pudding, and Whipped Cream Horseradish.

For more detailed information and photos, do visit:

LawrySingapore, Public Relations Manager at Lawry's The Prime Rib, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2014

Dear ArcticStar,

Greetings from Lawry’s Singapore!

Thank you for sharing your kind comments with regards to your dining experience at Lawry’s The Prime Rib Singapore. We are delighted that our Signature dishes and service are well received!

We have shared your compliments with the entire team and we will be looking forward to serve you and your guests in the near future!

Reviewed February 23, 2014

Went there last week with friends. Had a bad start. Slipped and fell at entrance of their restaurant as the wooden floor is wet. No apologies, nothing. Everyone just pretended and didn't even bother to check the floor. Was the center of attraction for a few seconds. Luckily I he already passed the wine to the waitress.
After that, things went smoothly. Was attended to promptly.
Had english cuts steak and was good.
Staff carried themselves well and are good hosts.
Expensive, but ambience and service made up for it.
However, am still sore over that fall

LawrySingapore, Public Relations Manager at Lawry's The Prime Rib, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2014

Dear immanlyn,

Thank you for sharing your experience at Lawry’s Singapore, especially for your appreciation towards our signature dish and service during your meal.

I'm sorry to hear about the unfortunate accident at the restaurant entrance on your visit. The experience that you have described is not consistent with our priorities of ensuring peaceful enjoyment and safety of our guests hence I seek your kind patience while we investigate the incident.

I would like to hear more from you, however as I do not have your contact details, kindly drop me an e-mail at mktg@lawrys.com.sg so that I can follow up with you.

We hope this incident will not deter you from visiting us again; we look forward to serving you and your guests in the near future!

Reviewed February 9, 2014

My family has dinner at lawry's very often and we love trying out their different beef and seafood dishes. I can't find the photos from our last visit but the visit before that we had the following food and they were so pampering! My son couldn't decide between the lobster tail and beef so he had both. My husband had the fillet mignon and he claims that he prefers it to their rib eye as it is more juicy. I always liked how their black pepper sauce complements both the fillet mignon and rib eye. The service was excellent with constant checkbacks to make sure we were all well-taken care of. Each time we dine in, we felt like we were VIPs! Awesome place in conclusion.

LawrySingapore, Public Relations Manager at Lawry's The Prime Rib, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your dining experience at Lawry’s, oojackieoo!

We are glad that you have enjoyed your dining experience every time, and with your great compliments, Lawry's team will be motivated to serve even better food and service!

Looking forward to serving you and your family soon!

Reviewed February 9, 2014

Brought my girl for her birthday dinner at Lawry's and we were both delighted with the food we ordered. She had the Australian Rack of Lamb and me, the Single cut Ribeye. They were so good I told her it's gonna make us their regulars.

We ordered the half-dozen fresh shucked Oysters for sharing and boy they were huge! Most of all they were one of the freshest Oysters we've tasted.

The best part of our dinner.... The staffs surprised her (and actually myself too) with their signature dessert(on the house) and a birthday song. Such has never been what I would do but she was pleasantly surprised and the smile plastered onto her face for the rest of the night. We were even given a complimentary photo that night. Kudos to the Lawry's team for the well-thought celebration!

Dear xl3laderx, thank you for your kind review! Your compliments on our food and service are greatly appreciated and we will certainly be sharing this with the team and our Chefs.

Besides celebrating birthdays for our loyal guests like your good-self, Lawry’s is also a perfect venue for all celebrations – Anniversaries, Weddings, Baby Showers, Graduations, Corporate Events and also Private Parties!

We look forward to welcome you and your guests again in your next special celebration!

Reviewed February 4, 2014

I was at Lawry's for tea a few months ago with some family members and we enjoyed the food and remarkable service. The quality of food was truly value for money.
I was there again today (5/2/14) to celebrate a friend's birthday and truly pleased to experience the same impeccable service that is almost extinct in most restaurants nowadays. The staff are very friendly and attentive which makes the dini...ng a lot more wondeful.
Love the food too. We had lobster, fish, pasta and of course the steak, all of which are very well done, especially the steak which is what the restaurant is famous for. We also had the mushrooms sizzle but the dish turned out to be a tad bit too dry.
At the end of the meal, the restaurant surprised us with a slice of cake for my birthday friend and the crews sang a birthday song for her.
Will definitely go back again

Dear Annette1313,

Thank you for choosing Lawry’s as your preferred restaurant! We are delighted that you have enjoyed all your dining experiences with us. We have noted your comment on our Mushroom Sizzler and have notified our Executive Chef about it for future improvement.

Our team will always be looking forward to serve you and your guests in the near future!