“Second Time Here”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Chinatown
Description: The meeting place for breakfast, quick lunch, all-day Italian coffee, dinner and drinks.
Reviewed July 13, 2012

Came here for supper last time I passed through Singapore - enjoyed it then and enjoyed it this time round. Just a nice simple Italian ristorante serving good quality food with a reasonably good wine list. Service was both professional and friendly. I will be back.

1  Thank DawnTaylor1960

Reviewed May 15, 2012

da Paolo is one of my favorite lunch places in Singapore conveniently located on club street. the staff is very friendly and recognizes you on return visits.

this time ordered the set menu for 28sgd with the norwegian salmon salad as a starter. the salad had some nice and tasty sauce with it. the main was marinara risotto. it tasted very fresh made with some good seafood in it. portion was just right sized. dessert was a crumble pie which i think must be also made fresh.

the price is very reasonable for what you get and service speed is also good. online reservation system works very well. in fact the best i've seen

Reviewed April 24, 2012

Been to this place a few times. Its has one of the best mushroom risotto. The pasta dishes were really good. So were the thin crust pizzas. So far i have not been dissapointed. Its even better than some good restaurants in Florence. Perhaps its just the service that needs a little polishing. The prices are reasonable in my opinion.

Reviewed October 31, 2011

This is a lovely little restaurant, the staff are attentive and friendly, and the oxtail ravioli is heaven.

Reviewed February 4, 2011

I've been to a few of the De Paulo's over the years and was pleasantly surprised with my meal at this place. Mind you, the meals have always been delicious. I would usually order their pizzas which are thin crust (the way I like it) and with delicious toppings. My husband and I both ordered the fresh pasta (linguine for me) this time and were blown away with how tasty it was. I still remember how good it was and we were there three months ago. If you're in the mood for a fresh, simple (I mean that in a good way) meal, this is the place to go. We were walkins on a Friday night and they had a spot for us, so recommendations are not always needed. We had a lovely table upstairs in the quaint little shophouse. We'll def go back again when we're looking for somewhere near Club Street.