2 people are viewing this hotel
Free cancellation until 11/05/21
Booking.com$84
Priceline$100
eDreams$84
All reviews lavender mrt chose hotel complimentary mini bar shower and toilet sliding door walking distance mrt stations comfortable bed tv channels local food short stay pleasant stay hotel lobby early check chye luggage balcony
Selected filters
Reviewed September 7, 2016

We stayed at this hotel for 4 nights while visiting Singapore. The hotel is modern, Clean and nice. THe staff is friendly and will help you out The rooms are modern but a bit Tiny. We had a superior room wich is the bigger room but it stil felt a bit tiny for 2 people. The minibar and wifi is included.

I would not visit the restaurant in the lobby, this is not owned by the hotel and the food is poor, portions small and price expensive.

Overall nice stay would visit again.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
hotelyan2015, Director of Sales at Hotel YAN, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2016

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for staying at Hotel YAN and giving us your kind review. We greatly appreciate it in our hearts. Thank you for the beautiful memories and we truly treasure your presence with us. Thank you for your generous endorsement and compliments on our warm personalized service, modern décor with free minibar and wifi included.
We apologize on behalf of the owners and staffs that the tenant of the restaurant fell below your expectations. We have taken note and will share the review with the food and beverage department for improvement and in our pursuit for service excellence.
Thank you once again for your kindness, and we are thankful for your return visit to Hotel YAN Singapore again. We all look forward to welcome you back anytime.
Our hotel friendly and helpful staff awaits to serve you well.
Wishing you safe travel and happiness always. Cheers!

Reviewed September 2, 2016

Hotel Yan is a small pearl: it is not one of those huge hotels where customers are only considered as a room number... here the staff really make you feel at home. They are very welcoming and kind, always ready to give you suggestions on what to do and where to go.
Our room was a small one, I guess this is a standard for Singapore, but it had eveything we could need: a comfy bed, clean bathroom, a tini fridge (all that's inside is complimentary), and high quality toiletries.
Each room is granted free wi-fi access.
And the scent...... Yan hotel smells so good!!!!
You will find a buddhis temple right across the road and it is within a very short walking distance from Little India, Chinatown and the 24-hours mall Moustafa.
The very efficient Singapore underground, called MRT, is also very close (station "Lavender", on the East-West line).

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
hotelyan2015, Director of Sales at Hotel YAN, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2016

Dear Value Guest Ms Alice,

Thank you for staying with us at Hotel YAN and taking time to give us your awesome and lovely review in TripAdvisor. We greatly appreciate it in our hearts. Thank you for the beautiful memories and we truly treasure your presence with us. We are delighted to know that you had an enjoyable stay with us. It is indeed very rewarding and
motivating for all of us to know and we will continue to strive hard and do our best.
Thank you for your kind and generous endorsement that our hotel is well located to the train station, good cafes and eateries, Little India, Chinatown and the (24hrs opened Mustafa Shopping Centre), much appreciated. Thank you for your love of our hotel fragrance. Every floor has its own unique aroma to give our guest the relax and comfort feel when they stay with us. The homemade soap is specially selected from Organic Plants to treat our guest well, keeping their lovely skin tender and moist.
Making our guest happy and comfortable is our pride and goal. Hotel YAN aims to give warm and friendly services to our guests. Once again, thank you for everything and
staying with us. We look forward to hosting you in your next return travel.
Wishing you great joy and happiness always! Cheers!

Reviewed September 1, 2016 via mobile

Was here for a staycation and booked the suite with the bathtub for about $200 plus. Love the bathroom (it faces a floor to ceiling window) and the rainshower. Polite and friendly staff.

You have Chye Seng Huat (coffeeshop) just next door to the hotel. Druggist (draft craft beer) is also just a stone's throw away - one of my favorite craft beer places in Singapore :)

Worth a visit!

Date of stay: April 2016
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank tif n

Dear Valued Guest Tif M,

Thank you for staying with us at Hotel YAN and giving us your lovely review in TripAdvisor, we greatly appreciates it in our hearts. Thank you for the beautiful memories and we truly treasure your presence with us. Every guest is unique and special and we had great pleasure in hosting you. Thank you for your kind endorsement that our hotel is surrounded by good cafes and eateries, and our hotel location suited your stay. Your kind compliments to our staff is deeply appreciated, and indeed it is very encouraging and motivating for all of us! We will continue to strive hard and do our best! Thank you for your kind recommendation of Hotel YAN Singapore to other travelers and friends. We all look forward to welcome you back again anytime. Our hotel friendly and helpful staff awaits to serve you well. Wishing you great success, joy and happiness always! Cheers!

Reviewed August 30, 2016 via mobile

Was here for a staycation and I enjoyed every moment of my stay. This boutique hotel is very new and well designed (very Instagram worthy). You will be greeted with an cooling, inviting, perfumed lobby upon arrival and fascinating high ceilings and industrial chic design of a small yet well designed space. It may time sometime to reach by foot from the nearest mrt (farrer park).

Check in time is rather late at 3pm, had to wait for a short period of time, seated in the lobby waiting for our rooms but were given M&M's to snack on while waiting. It was a rather reasonable waiting time while housekeeping rushed the room to be ready. Like most hotels, deposit ($100) upon registration is required for incidentals.

Even though the room is TINY, I must say the design of the room really made up for it. The space was cleverly designed and it was small yet cosy. The bed and shower/sink area is separated by a curtain divider.. The glass doors in the shower and toilet is transparent btw. Good quality amenities in the room, my favorite items were the handmade soap and the bedroom slippers; way better quality than what you find in 5 star hotels!

And forgetting the very comfortable Sealy mattress.... :)

Rates are very affordable, I recommend to look up the rates directly online as they do have special promotions going on at times such as advance purchase.

Will be back!

Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest Jingy,

Thank you for staying with us at Hotel YAN and taking time to give us your lovely review in TripAdvisor, we greatly appreciates it in our hearts. Thank you for the beautiful memories and we truly treasure your presence with us. We are delighted to know you had a great stay with us, and your love of our hotel design, décor, the fragrance and amenities, deeply appreciated. Thank you for your kind compliments of our hotel staffs. Indeed it gives us encouragements and motivation to serve our guest better, much appreciated. Every floor has its own aroma to make our guest feel relax and comfortable during their stay with us. The homemade soap is specially
selected from Organic Plants to give our guest the comfort feel, keeping their lovely skin tender and moist. It is such great joy to be hosting you and we all look forward to your next return visit at Hotel YAN Singapore. Once again, thank you for everything and wishing you great joy and happiness. You are always welcome back! Cheers!

Reviewed August 30, 2016

I had originally booked the Superior Double with Balcony but decided not to torture myself since I will be staying for 4 nights, as half the room was for the bed and the other half for the toilet and shower cubicles. Spencer and Siti were kind enough to help me find a Deluxe Twin that was available for the duration, which they subsequently pushed the 2 beds into a king-size bed.

The Deluxe room overlooked the courtyard but was more spacious. The bed was absolutely comfortable although the pillows were too soft and thin for my liking. Nonetheless, I managed to sleep well. Except for some sounds of doors closing, I practically did not hear any other noise from the other rooms.

For a boutique hotel, the amenities were of good quality, with good shower facilities. I also love their bedroom slippers, which were plush and comfortable. The mini bar had both sweet and savoury snacks. I only wished they had something else other than Coke. But well, there's water too. Wifi in the room and within the hotel was very strong.

Housekeeping standards were not consistent in the few days of my stay. There were 2 days when the cups that I had used were found in the state that I have left it, after the room was made up.

The location worked for me as it was a couple of minutes walk to 2 bus-stops. Food was not an issue with so many local coffee shops and higher end coffee joints a stone's throw away. Although there was a Tibetan temple just across the hotel and there were a lot of bells chiming all the time, you really can't hear them once you stepped into the hotel.

Whilst everything about the accommodation was pleasant, the front-desk staff were quite a let-down. Aside from Siti and Spencer who really made me felt welcomed, the rest of the staff were not very friendly. Check-out was also done by the same lady, Anne that I encountered when I deposited my luggage. She just took my key-cards and turn around to do other things. I had to ask about my deposit and she said it will be credited back to my card. This was also the first time I did not receive any invoice or receipt from a hotel, but perhaps it was because I booked through a third party website.

Overall, I enjoyed my stay at this hotel, and I especially loved how they keep the whole place smelling fresh and pleasant.

• Trip type: Traveled solo

Dear Valued Guest Tragedy65,

Thank you for staying with us at Hotel YAN and taking time to give us your kind review, we greatly appreciate it in our hearts. Thank you for the beautiful memories and we truly treasure your presence with us. We are thankful to you for your kind words and generous endorsement that our hotel is well located within minutes to the train station and bus-stops, surrounded by many good cafes and eateries and your love of our hotel amenities, much appreciated. Indeed the fresh fragrance of Hotel YAN is specially selected for our lovely guests. Thank you once again for your kind endorsement for the fresh fragrance of Hotel YAN and your compliments given to our Manager Spencer and Siti, deeply appreciated. We will continue to strive hard and do our best. We have noted your feedbacks on the housekeeping departments. We appreciate your valuable feedbacks which are important to us as we continue to further enhance our guest experience. We are sorry if our staff fell below your expectations and we hope to have an opportunity to serve you well to recover your impression of Hotel YAN Singapore. We all look forward to your next return visit soon.
Wishing you safe travel and happiness always! Cheers!