“Simply the Best Indian Restaurant in Asia!”

Lagnaa...barefoot dining
Ranked #86 of 11,380 Restaurants in Singapore
Cuisines: Indian, Healthy
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Little India
Description: Lagnaa has introduced Set meals for Lunch and Dinner for as low as S$23 per head. Come check it out! We serve also Vegetarian, Vegan, Gluten-Free, Healthy & Halal options
Reviewed March 1, 2013

I found this small family owned place by accident in 2007 whilst trying to navigate the maze of Little India. It is in a beautiful old shop house with open front seating down stairs and a "barefoot" dining area on the first floor. Here you leave your shoes on the stairs and sit on cushions on the floor eating off low tables. The food is excellent and curry strength runs from 1 to 6, except once a month on full moon night when they do special curries up to strength 10. I have only ever made it to level 4. I did try a spoon full of 6 and it blew my sox off. Perhaps that's why they insist you take your shoes off first. Food is served by the very lovely Shanti and accompanied by a selection of great Indian beer. The Kingfisher Extra Strong is highly recommended but after a couple of bottle it can be a bit tricky getting off the floor. After a great meal you can write your name on the wall downstairs and those who manage a strength 4 or above curry get their name on a close peg which hangs on the wall. I love this place so much I go there every time I am in Singapore!

1  Thank DericPW
Write a ReviewReviews (1,095)

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Great Food, esp. the butter chicken...but actually just everything was really tasty with a perfect spicyness. The service is equally great - really friendly and helpful.
Even though we only spend 4 days in Sinpagore, we just had to go there twice because the food was just too good.

1  Thank Glueckskrieger
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Great location, super service and amazing food without having to remortgage your home. The spice test is a a fun idea so you can enjoy your curry without pain. We sat downstairs to soak up the atmosphere of Little India and I would recommend this. Terrible wine list but that's my fault for not wanting beer.

1  Thank tomwaits8
Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

My husband & I came here after reading trip advisor reviews & we weren't disappointed. The two lady hostesses were so friendly & explained the menu thoroughly with the spiciness grading system from 1 - 10 (No one has ever managed to eat a 10 & only one person has mananged a 9)! We both love spicy food but the 3 was hot enough for me & the hubby had to order a mango lassi after the 4 proved a little hotter than expected! The flavours in all of the dishes we tried were so wonderfully different from what we've tasted before & if we were staying longer in Singapore we would definitely come back! Thank you!

2  Thank Jessica B
Reviewed February 6, 2013

From the moment I stepped in, till the last goodbye , it has been a great experience.
Loved everything about the place - great food (level 2 is enough) for me, very hospitable staff
& well-thought through concepts.
Couldn't resist ordering Ice Chocolate
They have so many interesting events going on too! I signed up for Food Tasting. You should too!

2  Thank Vit v