“Best Curry in Little India”

Lagnaa...barefoot dining
Ranked #227 of 11,774 Restaurants in Singapore
Cuisines: Indian, Healthy
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Little India
Description: Lagnaa has introduced Set meals for Lunch and Dinner for as low as S$23 per head. Come check it out! We serve also Vegetarian, Vegan, Gluten-Free, Healthy & Halal options
Reviewed October 18, 2012

As my 14-month-old daughter and I walkeded up and down the streets looking for a place with good (and not spicy) curry, we finally stumbled upon this little restaurant called Lagnaa on Upper Dickson Road. The only reason we stopped here was because there was a lovely woman out in front who came to ask us if we had questions about the menu. I told her we wanted a good chicken curry that wasn't spicy. She said, "Try the Butter Chicken Curry". Done.

This dish was probably one of the best curries I've ever had! It was so flavorful, and not at ALL spicy (I don't do spicy), but you can get the dishes to any level of "spicy" you'd like. Linna also had some of the chicken curry, but she REALLY loved the Papadum, which is a crispy bread made with lentils. The Papadum came with a mint dipping-sauce that was to DIE for. The nice woman who helped me select my meal also recommended their Lime Juice to drink. OMG yum! It was so refreshing, sweet, and ice cold. Linna sat so nicely in the chair next to me (they don't have highchairs because the restaurant can only fit about 25 people), while the ladies in the restaurant entertained her, and I devoured my delicious food.

Read about our entire experience in Little India on my blog: http://minnesotababy.blogspot.sg/2012/10/little-india.html

1  Thank HoneymoonMania
Write a ReviewReviews (1,137)

Reviewed October 18, 2012 via mobile

We found this restaurant on Trip Advisor & decided to go. We found the service to be amazing - super friendly & helpful when ordering. We sat upstairs where you do sit on the floor but this just adds to the atmosphere. We ordered 2 meat dishes & 2 vegetarian dishes plus naan and roti & 3 drinks and it was S$53. We found the food to be delicious, must try is the butter chicken. Would highly recommend.

1  Thank AussieMegg
Reviewed October 9, 2012 via mobile

We ate here last night and were very impressed. We had two large beers, 1 chicken appetiser, 1 (spice level 4 soooo hot!) lamb curry, 1 vegetable curry, naan & rice with a chocolate fondue for dessert which came in at around $85 which is pretty decent when you take in to account how heavily taxed alcohol is in Singapore. The owners are wonderful people & were really helpful suggesting places for us to visit. Would definitely recommend. A+++

2  Thank PinkCherryBlossom
Reviewed October 7, 2012

We first looked at this place because we were staying at wanderlust around the corner who recommended it. however we nearly skipped it because the doenstairs didnt look very enticing wirh yellow tiles on the walls. Once upstairs though the ambiance is completely different - you sit on little tables on the floor barefoot, and the waitrress comes to sit down with you to explain the menu and the chilli ratings. She was fab - her english was excellent and she understood what food we wanted and heklped us pick some delicious food with the right level of spicy.

I have seen some people complain that the portions are small, we found them perfect and a great example of quality over quantity! we happened to go on a quiet nightand the chef sat and chatted to us after dinner too. i wouldnt hesitate to recommend it

4  Thank natalie m m
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Great cozy environment, amazing food, very laid back ambiance. All in all, the perfect place to go and have a relaxed fantastic Indian food delight!

Strongly recommend