“Great black pepper crab”

Long Beach @ DEMPSEY
Ranked #146 of 11,380 Restaurants in Singapore
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Tanglin
Reviewed May 22, 2014

First of all i have to admit i am a little biased as black pepper crab is probably my most favourite dish in Singapore, so most trips for me are excellent. However I have been to long beach many times, at both Dempsey and at the East Coast, and its definitely one of my top choices!

Boasted as the 'creators' of the black pepper crab they certainly never disappoint! Its spicy and fresh and always makes for an awesome, fun (and often rather messy) evening dinner.
I highly recommend you give it a try and I will certainly continue to keep coming back!

1  Thank Amy H

Reviewed May 20, 2014

Long Beach is located at Dempsey Hill which was previously the old British Army Barrack. This place is huge with many restaurants to choose from. I particularly like the Black Pepper Crab and Chilly Crab... This is somewhat an achievement for me as I don't usually take crab... :)

Reviewed May 15, 2014

This branch is quite huge. Being in Singapore means having black pepper crab and I was absolutely satisfied. The crab was fresh and meaty and had just enough pepper sauce on it. It was on the dry side but finger-lickin' good! The prawns and the steamed fish were equally fresh and flavorful. The claypot enoki mushroom and cabbage was clean to the taste. For dessert, we had sweet yam paste with ginko nuts, which for me was a little bit too thick. We washed everything down with refreshing Thai coconut juice. Service was exemplary. Will definitely be back!
Tip: There'a a playground where kids could have fun while waiting for the food.

Reviewed May 13, 2014

Celebrated a loved one's birthday last night at this popular seafood restaurant with some close friends. Gotten a private room that allow us to truly enjoy our dinner without any qualm of disturbing others or being disturbed.
Wanted to have both the popular black pepper and chilli crab at the same time, the manager was able to make recommendation that allow us to order the set menu with some changes (with minimal additional cost due to my selection of dishes) to suit our taste bud.
Both choices of crabs were delicious and the roasted peking duck was good too especially when they prepared the meat in their recommended cooking style.
All of us have totally enjoyed the food and the evening of celebration and catching up.
Will definitely recommend to anyone who enjoy good food, good ambiance and good service.

Reviewed May 8, 2014

Having the famous Singapore black pepper crab at thus restaurant is a must. This venue has a vast array of seafood and all of it is very good. Prices are not the cheapest but the quality is worth it.