“Authentic Hakka fare”
Review of Lao Huang Hakka Niang Tou Fu - CLOSED

Lao Huang Hakka Niang Tou Fu
Reviewed April 29, 2012

This is the only authentic hakka niang tou fu (stuff beancurd) that I managed to find in Singapore. Being Hakka myself, I've tried many stalls but none come even close to what it should be.

It's at Lao Huang that I finally manage to satisfy my palates. Fried beancurd stuffed with minced pork flavoured with salted fish. That's how hakka niang tou fu should be. The stuffed bitter gourd, stuffed brinjal and fried meatball are equally good. Even the noodles, with braised minced pork, is closed to what you'll get at Meixian.

If you want to try hakka niang tou fu, there is no where else to go.

Reviewed April 11, 2012

Having tried different stalls in Singapore, Lao Huang still ranks at the top of my 'yong tau foo' list.

They offer a wide selection of items including some that are steamed, stewed and fried. And I like it that they bother to separate the fried items so that they don't end up soggy by the time it arrives at the table. My favourites are the stewed tauhu and taupok - a rare find among local yong tau foo stalls.

Accompany your yong tau foo soup with a bowl of dry noodles topped with minced pork. Lao Huang never fails to satisfy me.

Furthermore, you need not have to pay a very high price for good yong tau foo here unlike the famous Mosque St stall.

Reviewed August 26, 2010

akka style Yong Tau Foo is certainly familiar to all of us but what is so special with this yong tau foo? It serves the same fare but the accompanying minced pork noodles is absolutely wonderful.
What they lack in the ambience of location (this is a hawker centre) they make up by serving great tasting yong tou foo and minced pork noodles.
This is still the true truth because I still say it as it is.
(www.perfyi.wordpress.com)