“Meal in Chinatown Singapore”

Da Dong Restaurant (Fatty Weng)
Ranked #2,583 of 10,933 Restaurants in Singapore
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Chinatown
Wrexham
“Meal in Chinatown Singapore”
Reviewed November 3, 2012

I stopped off in this restaurant after wandering around Chinatown district. I ate outside, and had a good view of the comings and goings of this busy area. The Main Waiter, kept advising me how to eat prawn crackers as I was apparently eating them too slowly..
U started with crab-meat corn soup and had a main course of beef with sir fry vegetable and some prawn crackers along with 3 lime juices it came to S$47. They had also added in S$0.50 for a towel that had neither asked for or actually got. Quite a few places in chinatown area are doing this now.
It was mainly tourists, myself included that seemed to frequent the place.

The food was good and the service was fast.

I felt it was a little pricy for what it was.

• Visited October 2012

• Indonesian first
Gold Coast, Australia
“"Value added scams"”
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Not having been in Singapore for a few years I fell for the "Value added" scams of receiving a bowl of peanuts when I ordered a beer. After ordering Chilli Crab we were given a few packets of "wet wipes". These all appeared on the bill. I found the food to be very good but well overpriced for the surrounds. I hate scams and will not return.

• Visited October 2012
Grand Prairie, Texas
“a friend's suggestion”
Reviewed September 7, 2012

A good friend and local citizen suggested this place as one of her favorite restaurants in the Chinatown part of Singapore. The service was great. The food was good too, but I'm not sure I'd get the same thing next time, and am somewhat ignorant when it comes to Chinese food. It was busy, that's for sure, and full of tourists and locals.

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank wokabaut
Melbourne, Australia
“Ripped off”
Reviewed September 4, 2012 via mobile

The food we ordered was ok but expensive given the surrounds. however i do object to being charged for peanuts and hand towels we didn't order. we were also brow beaten into ordering a sliced mango which was ordinary and expensive. yoy'll do better at a hawker's market

1 Thank ferrisgirl
Mantua, Italy
“Basic chinese food. Expensive.”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

I was looking for dim sum but only menu tor tourists available at Night.... noodles band prawns ...to share... 60dollars... do note recommend..better Street food..

• Visited August 2012