“Still maintaining a high standard”
Review of Curious Palette

Curious Palette
Order Online
Ranked #24 of 382 Coffee & Tea in Singapore
Neighborhood: Central Area/City Area
Neighborhood: Central Area/City Area
Reviewed March 30, 2019 via mobile

still good after all these while.. came for a dessert and they didn't disappoint. ordered a rum and raisin hotcake and it was filled with delight. a palette of joy in each mouthful.

Date of visit: March 2019

Reviewed March 16, 2019 via mobile

Oh my God, this place it’s literally a hidden treasure in Singapore! If you are looking for big portions, quality food and yummy ingredients for your breakfast, Please don’t miss this place, you will eat like a queen!
Staff is good and the place makes you feel like home :)

Date of visit: March 2019
Reviewed February 25, 2019

Having researched the venue prior to arriving, I was very much looking forward to visiting it for dinner.

The first visit I surprisingly learned there was no wifi. I had the mushroom risotto and Belgian waffle with Greek yoghurt and fruit. The risotto was fine but was swimming in oil, which I would have preferred without. The waffle was more crispy than doughy/fluffy so I felt like I was eating fried toast. I was told that the waffles were just as popular as their hotcakes but that the latter takes 30 minutes to prepare.

So, I returned the next day for dinner and ordered tofu (the flakes are fish-based and were removed for me so it would be a vegetarian dish). When I ordered the salad, I told the waiter that I wanted the hotcake to be ready for me after my salad because I did not want to wait 30 minutes for it, that I would let him decide when it should be made, and that I was okay waiting for 5-10 minutes after my salad before receiving it. I finished my salad and 10 minutes later learned the hotcakes hadn't even started to be made (there were very few customers dining at the same time as I). There was no apology from the waiter. I told him I would just have the lavender and earl grey cake. After 10 minutes I hadn't received the slice of cake that was on display and had to ask the waiter if I could have my cake. Again, no apology. Then, when I asked another waiter for the bill, it took 5 minutes and omitted the cake. I had to inform that waiter of the error and waited longer than normal for a corrected bill. I didn't even get a thank you for my integrity. I have NO idea why a mandatory service charge is imposed when the service is below standard and they are not grateful for having honest customers. When I requested the bill, they still had very few customers...

During my dessert, the staff kept tripping the circuit breaker. So the few of us customers were sitting in pitch black unless we whipped out our mobile phones. They knew there was a problem yet, on my way out, they happily received 2 new customers.

My review would have been 4 or 5 stars if the second visit wasn't awful and I had tried the recommended hotcakes. This was the only venue I had dined at upon arriving in Singapore and it left me confused as to what standards I should expect in a country that I had the impression operated to a higher standard than other Asian countries I have lived and visited.

Date of visit: February 2019
Reviewed January 2, 2019 via mobile

Came here for brunch and I got myself the ever so popular Berry Ricotta Hotcake! One of the best pancakes I’ve had in Singapore. Plus it was sucha generous portion, just nice for two! I love the texture of the pancake itself (not too airy but also not so dense or buttery) plus the toppings of fruits, nuts/seeds, cold vanilla ice cream and maple syrup went so well altogether. I’ve always been a fan of a warm/cold combination so it was like a party in my mouth haha! The service was gr8 plus the ambiance was lovely with nice plants and paintings around! My kinda vibe!

Just bear in mind that this dish takes some time to prepare (25/30mins) so just be sure to order some sides if you need to (10/10 would recommend the truffle sweet potato fries!). My friend had the crabcake dish and it was pretty yummy too, only a tad bit dry!

Date of visit: January 2019
Reviewed January 1, 2019

We heard that this was a good coffee experience and was not disappointed. As for meals, my daughter ordered the truffle fries and the bowl of them was too generous and she never finished them. I had the Corned beef scotch egg, which was just the right size for breakfast and very good. My wife ordered the fluffy ricotta hot cake, which does take 30 minutes but worth the wait. Looks great and was a generous portion as well.
Staff are very knowledgeable and excellent service.

Date of visit: December 2018