“Best kimchi soup ever tasted”

Togi Korean Restaurant
Ranked #1,505 of 10,518 Restaurants in Singapore
Cuisines: Asian, Korean
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Chinatown
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best kimchi soup ever tasted”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

I and my husband order bibimbap, kimchi soup, rib barbecue and black noodle. Bibimbap and noodle is so so. Barbecue seasoning quite well. And kimchi soup is the best for sure :) if I have chance to come back again, the only thing i want is to have kimchi soup again :)

1 Thank Hoang L

• Korean first
  • Thai first
Singapore
“Cozy place to dine in; average food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

It was not a planned visit and how it attracted our attention was because there was a very long queue and the price seemed to be reasonable.

We ordered the following dishes and my comments are below:

- kimchi soup with pork: the kimchi they serve is on the sour side and thus it became a Korean version of Tom yum soup. I was given a big portion of meat and kimchi to the state I could hardly taste the soup so I had to move them to another plate. The meat was seasoned and cooked. As the soup was already quite sour and spicy so I didn't eat much kimchi in there. Overall it was okay if you like tom yum soup style.

- seafood pancake: it was fried with egg which I don't prefer. Having said that, it was good even though I prefer the seafood pancake at red pig restaurant.

- bibimbap: presentation was great and you can add chili source yourself according to your level of tolerance on chili. Not bad.

- side dishes: I like their fried anchovies. They cooked it with herb and it smelled very herby and refreshing. I asked for second plate for this.

Overall the food is average and this dinner cost us around 50 dollars for two persons. I have not tried their BBQ yet and not sure how good it is so I may visit this restaurant again to try other food.

Singapore, Singapore
“One of the oldest Korean Restaurant in Singapore”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

Always be early if you don't like to wait because you will definitely have to wait as people just keep coming in during meal times.

Love the appetizers, which are free flow. Personal favourite is the Budae jjigae (Korean army stew) and the gochujang (Spicy Rice Cake). The B.B.Q are also great if you're a meat lover.

Try not to order too much as the portion are quite generous. Be sure to share.
Staffs are friendly and attentive but they might take some time to get back to you as the place is always full. So try not to stay too long so that others can get a chance to eat there too. :)

• Visited July 2013
“Best Bibimbap!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

Had to visit this Korean place at least once a week for my quick Korean fix. Favourite is their bibimbap! Service staff is attentive too. Must try Korean place!

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank ATM124
“Great Kimchi”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

I enjoyed the food there expecially the kimchi , but you would really need to rush your meals as there is always a long queue there.

Not recommended if you are having gatherings there.

• Visited January 2013