“Expensive Teochew Zhi Char at Ah Orh in Bukit Merah”

Ah Orh Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #6,907 of 10,776 Restaurants in Singapore
Cuisines: Chinese
Singapore, Singapore
“Expensive Teochew Zhi Char at Ah Orh in Bukit Merah”
Reviewed May 16, 2013

I went Lunch on 13 May for table of 4. There are only 2 service staffs at Ah Orh In bukit Merah only. The service is slow as there are 3 big tables that for married couple during lunch times.

The Price of the Promfet steam fish cost us $75. For this price of fish. I can order 1 whole Peking Duck at Royal China at Raffles Hotel or TungLok Xihe Peking Resturant that cost $68 only.The food is not really fantastic but the price is 5 star restaurantprice

I will not come again unless my Company going to pay for it.

• Visited May 2013
4 Thank LSUI

• Indonesian first
Singapore, Singapore
“Averagely good and tasty. Price reasonable within HDB chi char.”
Reviewed January 12, 2013

Good on the steam fish & d braised duck. Except for the sea cucumber with fish maw which is the worse dish I have tasted. Portion is averagely big suited for 3-4 ppl. Next time should try the winter melon soup , crab roll & yam paste with gingko. Sign off Gnoel

• Visited January 2013
Singapore, Singapore
“Big Disappointment this time”
Reviewed September 2, 2012

This time brought a group of friends from K L for dinner. No order takers, had to order food outside/near the kitchen area. No one offer tea (had to ask for it mid way through dinner). Ordered their specialties, fish maw soup, steamed prompet, braised duck with sea cucumber, cold crab, etc.. All the (specialty) dishes tasted blend and/or lack of culinary skills, except the cold crab which probably did not need much of a chef's touch. It was a big big disappointment as this is my favorite place to show-off what used to be an 'authentic' Teochew 'eating place' (seafood restaurant deleted by me since). The overall experience was like eating at a neighborhood coffee shop - zi-char stall. Sorry guys, no more next time.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Eroslkh
“Try the cold crabs”
Reviewed July 27, 2012

We went to the branch at Sin Ming Road and ordered the steamed pompret and cold crabs. Both dishes were great. We enjoyed the latter more as we had not tried it before.

• Visited June 2012
Sydney
“Great Teochew steamed fish”
Reviewed May 28, 2012

I have eaten at A aorh on a number of occasions. On this visit, I went with a few friends. We always have the steamed coral trout done Teochew style and we also had the oyster omelette, braised duck and sea cucumber, deep fried pork roll and site fried Chinese broccoli.

The fish was as good as ever - this is the best dish they do. The braised duck and sea cucumber was nice, the stir fried Chinese broccoli was good but I didn't thitnk the oyster omelette or pork roll were great.

It is very reasonably priced though and I'd visit it just for the fish! I was going to give it three stars but the fish gets it across the line for a four.

• Visited May 2012