“One of my worst dinners”
Review of Cafe le Caire @ Al Majlis - CLOSED

Cafe le Caire @ Al Majlis
Cuisines: Middle Eastern, Grill
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Kampong Glam
Reviewed April 18, 2012

Service has to be one of the worst I have ever encountered.
No knowledge of menu, dishes served without sauces, extremely long wait, waiters unable to give reasons for unacceptable delays, and below average food

1  Thank Jet18

Reviewed January 16, 2012

We wanted to order the whole menu, because everything looked delicious. But because it was our last evening, before flying to Malaysia, we only had a few dollars left. We ordered the spinage and cheese triangels and Shawarma. We sat outside, which was really nice to soak up the bustle of Arab Street. By the way, the water was free, so that was very convenient!
We will be in Singapore next month, we are definitely going to order the rest of the menu (which you can check on their website!).

2  Thank B K
Reviewed January 4, 2012

It was jan second an extension of a national holiday. Maybe that's why it was immensely understaffed. Other than that, it was a relaxing experience where we took our time with our food and stuck around for dessert. Recommend going to the second floor if u want more exclusiveness and don't mind delayed service.

Reviewed November 27, 2011

this place is nice and prices are resnable , you can also have SHISHA there , the lady manager is nice person and she will accept your comments with warm welcomes and smile

Reviewed October 2, 2011

As this place is mentioned as "the best middle eastern food in the area" in the lonely planet, we thought we would give it a try. Ordering the Mezze (7 various starters including 3 types of Humus) as a starter and two different types of main courses, we were disappointed from the beginning to the end.

One can see that the typical arabic spices are used in the meals, but the composition is not the one known from the real traditional arabic food. The humus served, was hands down, the worst I have ever tried and therefore we let almost all 7 starter plates untouched. My spouse then had some Falafel which were again not very pleasant to our palates. I opted to have a plate of Shawarma which I can eat daily when being in an arabic country -> here I left all the meat (except for one piece to try) go back untouched to the kitchen again.

The bread served is also not worth mentioning (let alone tasting!).

Friendliness is another thing which the staff have obiously not heard about, but this I can always live with because the taste and quality of the food is the most important thing for me.

I am normally easy to satisfy with relatively good food, but here I would never return again.

1  Thank Oliver v