“Great food”

Cuisines: Japanese
Neighborhood: Downtown Core
Neighborhood: Downtown Core
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Amazing choices and good simple food. Tried their salmon and chicken lunch. Only if their salmon pieces were a bit more decent would have been better. Nevertheless the concept is awesome.

Great for a quick bite.

Loved it !

1  Thank AandreaPolanski

Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

We visited pepper lunch express at orchid road and also raffles city. $6.80 you get a sizzling hot plate with rice, corn and beef (or salmon) and pepper. You also get a soup and sauces to drizzle on. For $2 extra you can have extra meat. We loved it. Such a flavour some, affordable and fulfilling meal. I'd strongly recommend this place. I wish we had it back at home.

Reviewed June 22, 2013

Simple and amazingly tasty food, so good we visited twice and we were only in Singapore for 4 days!! : ) Definitely worth a visit.

Reviewed July 6, 2012

I loooooved going to Pepper Lunch while living in Japan so imagine my excitement when two years later I finally reunite with it again in Singapore! It was the same as always, cheap, quick, and absolutely addicting. :D

P.S. I got the Beef Pepper Rice.

Reviewed July 8, 2011

I have walked past this chain of Japanese Pepper Lunch restuarants often but have never been keen to patronise it as never keen to try Japanese fast food.

However after a tiring shopping trip in mid-afternoon, we walked by the outlet at Isetan and decided to try its Pepper Lunch. We ordered the waguy beef and chicken set for S$15.90.

It came piping hot and we could smell the pepper from the hot plate miles away. The process of mixing all the ingredients and spices in and cooking our vegetables and meat was quite interesting. Though the wagyu is Aussie (what do you expect for S$15.90) but strangely, the meat was tender and very well-spiced. Same as the chicken, succulent and tasty! Something that I didnt expect for S$15. And the accompanied miso soup with its chokeful of beancurd and seaweed was a cut above the usual ones found at typical Japanese restuarants.

One word, exceeded my expectations for S$15.

And the smell lingered on in our clothes and our hair, etc, and in my palates that I went back to eat it again the next day!

1  Thank vincentlau