“A good way of trying many different dishes”
Review of StraitsKitchen

StraitsKitchen
Ranked #63 of 10,788 Restaurants in Singapore
Cuisines: Singaporean, Street Food
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Buffet, Reservations
Sydney, Australia
“A good way of trying many different dishes”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Very good local and international dishes. Really friendly helpful chefs to explain the dishes etc. Try the crushed iced dessert, much better then the ones you buy at the hawkers.

Visited March 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Sydney, Australia
“buffeet”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

This my girlfriend favorite asian restaurant. Not my favorite because I think they reduced the spices. but not bad also

Visited June 2012
Singapore, Singapore
“Nice spread of local food”
Reviewed March 12, 2013

Always enjoy eating at the Straits Kichen. Nice and quality local foods to sample. Hard to get reservations though as it is very popular.

Warsaw, Poland
“Just not good at all”
Reviewed March 6, 2013 via mobile

After watching Anthony Bourdain layover in Singapore decided to visit the restaurant in Grand Hyatt. Went at 9pm - late (to late) - no chance to get table before. It was crowded so if others like it we will have a nice dinner. No we did not. I expect fresh made asian dishes - but most of them were heated all the time - not crispy - not hot - like cheap buffet. We liked ice crem made of sweet corn. I don't recommed this place - sorry - enjoy any howker center - better food and value for money. We spend 200$ way to much. Singapore is great foodie pleace so look for better spot.

1 Thank hihaho
Penang
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent dinner buffet and halal”
Reviewed March 5, 2013

I came here for a business dinner with some clients who were Muslims so we had to go to a halal restaurant. The service is excellent with attentive details! And the spread of local hawker style food was most authentic and delicious. My clients enjoyed their dinner so much and kept saying laksa and chili crab was very delicious and kept going back for more. I really like the chicken rice I thought that was my favourite. It is great that grand Hyatt Singapore has an excellent halal restaurant so that we can enjoy good food good service.

• Visited March 2013