“Good food but leaves something to be desired...”

Cedele (Wheelock Place)
Ranked #3,207 of 10,933 Restaurants in Singapore
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighborhood: Orchard Road
Albany, New York
“Good food but leaves something to be desired...”
Reviewed December 24, 2013

Arrived around 2pm for a late lunch, and found out they had run out of beef...therefore, nothing with beef as an ingredient was available (probably about 15-20 items), except for beef stew. This wasn't too much of a problem given there are many options on the menu. We both ordered sandwiches, I ordered the chicken, brie and avocado, and he ordered the BLT with avocado. Our beef stews came out first, good but lacked a little something so I we added some Tabasco sauce to give it a little kick. Our sandwiches came out soon after. Although we were satisfied with our sandwiches, they were a little bland. We both agreed that the bread for our sandwiches (white and multi-grain) was not the best we've had and considering each sandwich was about $16, we were expecting a bit more. On the other hand, we didn't have any issues with service, though we were quick to ask for someone to get our order knowing others had this issue in the past. Probably won't go back too often, only if we're really craving sandwiches...

• Visited December 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Singapore, Singapore
“Good food but pretty slow service”
Reviewed December 3, 2013

Cedele used to be a favorite spot for my family to sit down and have brunch. The food's always been pretty good and the coffees or teas are of decent quality.
The soups are my personal favorites, hearty and seemingly healthy, its always something I must have when I'm there. The breads and cakes are absolutely fantastic!
Service is a little strange - was left waiting at the door for close to 10 minutes and the place was half empty and the food did take a while to arrive. Maybe they were understaffed that particular day....

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank HungryMao
Melbourne, Australia
“Feels homely”
Reviewed November 18, 2013

I always love this cedele branch because is like going to eat comfort food cooked by your mom. Is a cosy place where you can hang out with your friends all day long and just keep having the carrot walnut cake with chamomile tea. And the pancakes are to die for. I love it really.

All the comments about service is untrue i must say. I think they have been a wonderful bunch who are attentive and definitely smiley each time i am there.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank desfindo
Singapore
“Don't bother”
Reviewed November 10, 2013

The food is good but the service is just so terrible I will not be visiting again. It's the same at the Great World City and the Wheelock branch. I think being incompetent is a pre-requiste to work there. Today people were queuing outside despite several empty tables that had not been cleared. There were a lot of staff working but several of them seem to be a hindrance rather than helping. I queued for 20 mins for a table then 20 mins for my food, the order was wrong and the change was incorrect. I never got water. I was watching one waiter in particular who was so incompetent it was like watching a Mr Bean episode, he kept moving but never actually accomplished anything -that's quite a skill!

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank SingaporeNick
Singapore
“The best food but the worst service”
Reviewed November 5, 2013

I love Cedele kitchen. Healthy, tasty, fresh. They have a fine menu. I go there for launch very often. But they bring " died" cappuccino, they walking around and you have to call them " Hello! i am ready to order! PLease PLease!!! give us the bill!", they mix up your order. One time we were waiting for the bill 20 min and nobody was in cafe! The most annoying thing is - they put their thumb in a plate when bring food. It is inadmissibly in hospitality service. Stuff must be trained more and more. It looks as if owner hire the cheapest waiters in the city and nobody teaches them how to serve.

• Visited November 2013