“About the crab”

Ranked #4,714 of 11,073 Restaurants in Singapore
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: The Quays
Reviewed January 8, 2013

We had dinner at Quayside. A superb location in Clarke Quay. We ordered Black Pepper Crab, Prawns Indonesian Style and fried rice. The food was very tasty, prawns cooked to perfection and crab delightful.

3  Thank MrPeters
There are newer reviews for Quayside Seafood Resturant

Reviewed November 12, 2012

I've been going to Quayside Seafood ever since my first visit to Singapore 15 years ago (it was a smaller restaurant then). Their most popular dish is the Singapore Chilli Crab.
I eat a lot and a normal meal for me there would be Bamboo Clams with garlic, Prawns with dry red chillies, stir fried Kayla, and my favorite Barbecued Sting ray with Sambal....
A glass or two of wine or cold draft beer with the food and some Calamansi juice at the end.
If I'm with family and friends, a big chilly crab is also a must.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

It would rate it as good but not very good hence I prefer to rank it average.
The location is very nice: right on Clarke Quay river. The restaurant offers a good selection of Chinese seafood dishes ranging from Lobster to bamboo clamps.
The wine list is pretty basic and sometime the service is a bit too slow. The food is however of good quality, with good variety and in very big portion.
You need to be careful on what you order because you risk to leave food on the table. The size of the dishes is really abundant. The the small fried rice is good for 2-3 people at least!

The restaurant is not cheap and probably for the same money you may find something even better however it is located in one of the most popular location hence you will pay for it as well and not only for your lobster!

Reviewed August 10, 2012

Over priced and poor service from this establishment which is unusual for Singapore. Our cab driver told us we had chosen a poorly rated restaurant.

2  Thank SydneyTraveloz
Reviewed May 28, 2012

Perhaps I ate at a different restaurant, but the Quayside Seafood Grill at 3A River Valley Road, Clark Quay offered what I thought was a very good meal at a reasonable (for Singapore) price. We have eaten there three or four times over the last five or six years and always have the crab fried rice with prawns. For two of us they recommend the medium sized serve - and that was certainly sufficient. The fried rice and a Tiger beer made for a very pleasant return visit to Singapore.

I might just note that I had the same dish, the following day, at the Empire Cafe at Raffles, and it did not hold a candle to that at the Quayside Seafood Grill.

1  Thank brucerosen