“Good Belguim beer and food”
Review of Oosters Belgian Brasserie - CLOSED

Oosters Belgian Brasserie
Cuisines: Belgian
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed December 2, 2012

I am a great fan of Mussels and Belgian beer. It was to my surprise that I found one here in Singapore in walking distance from my office in Raffles Place vicinity.
I find this place nice because of its location but also the atmosphere inside. I like the fact that it is not somehow not too crowded and also not too pricy.

There are newer reviews for Oosters Belgian Brasserie

Reviewed February 16, 2012

As a Belgian, sometimes I like to have one or two of my home dishes. Sorry to tell, but don't go to Oosters, except for beers.
The food was of poor quality and the service was really slow, even if it wasn't crowed when I went there. The Belgian fries, a proud speciality of my country, weren't not fried enough. And my friend had a disgusting croque-monsieur. Do they know where to buy real ham and cheese in Singapore? Not to mention that the meal was overpriced for its value.
Conversely, beers and deco are what you can expect in a typical Belgian bar.

2  Thank StD4
Reviewed July 30, 2011

Good:
the beer! the only real reason to go
atmosphere

Bad:
slow service
poor food
high prices

Used to be one of my favourites, not anymore. The food quality - even the chips - has gone way down. Service has also gone down, slow and not as charming/friendly as before. Still has great Belgian beers, at very high prices - but then this is Singapore - alcohol is v high, especially at bars and restaurants.
Will not return again. They lost their touch, just another expensive tourist/banker ripoff. Too bad, this is was a unique, quality place some years ago.

3  Thank AlternateRoute
Reviewed June 12, 2011

I visited Oosters while on a trip to Singapore from the US in March 2011. I went with a group of people for a drink but ended up staying for dinner also. Tremendous selection of various Belgian beer in bottles and several on tap too. I found that many (most) restaurants in Singapore have only 3-4 beers available at best, all of which are usually lagers. So, to encounter a place with such a selection of interesting beer (I think there were at least 20 in bottles and 5 or so on tap) was a real treat. Oosters was easily my favorite bar of anywhere I went in Singapore.

We were also very impressed with the food. Oosters is known for their mussels, as others have also commented on, and we ordered the Tom Yam mussels, which were excellent. Also tried the pork knuckles with sauerkraut and applesauce which was easily the best version of this dish I have ever had. Other colleague had the Vol-au-vent, which is a chicken/mushroom stew in a pastry, with which which he was equally impressed.

Overall the restaurant is very nice and has a very welcoming feel. It is a great place for dinner or also just as a casual stop for a beer or two. Oosters was probably my favorite restaurant I visited during my trip.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed September 24, 2008

mussels and beer. moules en frites. i used to hang out at capital square and all its varied nightlife gastronomic hotspots when sab was around to drive her lotus elise. havent been here for a while, frequented brussel sprouts more often...but this place still leaves a nice memory in my mind.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook