“Lousy Indian food”

The Song of India
Ranked #114 of 11,365 Restaurants in Singapore
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Delight in fine Indian cuisine as you dine just a stone’s throw away from the heart of Orchard Road. Situated in a black and white heritage colonial bungalow, its tasteful interiors and lush green surroundings offer you an intimate dining indulgence amid the bustle of the city.
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Tried their lunch buffet on promotion price. The choice and taste of dishes was really bad.
Buffet dishes was almost empty.
With just 2 tables they still made us wait for 15 mins??
For an indian to have Dalia - as a dessert is worse.
Would never visit or recommend this to anyone who knows how good indian food can be.

1  Thank Shamita A
swagat123, Guest Relations Manager at The Song of India, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2013

Dear Guest .

Thank you for taking time to write us a feedback . i am sorry that food did not meet your expectation , regarding the quality of food i would like to specify that we use all highend ingredents for our cuisine also we have specialized chefs for different section such as tandoor, curry and the dessert . once again we are sorry for not enjoying our food but also we hope to make your next experience with us better one.

all the feedbacks are very important for us .

Reviewed July 7, 2013

The first time I come to the Song of India restourant is when I want to celebrate fathers day with my Employers family,I was falling in love with the Food here,mostly the laddy fingger fry and garlick naan bread,goa fish curry and chiken biryani is excellent,the first tastiest smoothy and yogurt raita I'm only found here,,,and one more thing wich make me can't forget about Song of India is: the first time I can meet my favorite Chef, Chef Manjunath Mural is my Favorite chef,and he make my lunch the sweetest lunch ever,,Thankyou Song of india,Thankyou Chef Manjunath Mural and Thankyou For Mr.Rayapati Ramesh(my sir) and Mdm.Kilaru Usha(my ma'am) for bring me to the song of india,this is my best experient ever in the best indian restourant ever, :) _Eli

swagat123, Guest Relations Manager at The Song of India, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your good review, the song of India takes pride in serving authentic indian cuisine and we are happy that you see that in us. hope to see you soon at The song of India.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

Once I visited to song of India during the trip of Singapore and experienced the quality of food that we had here in this restaurant was dazzling, each course and food presentation was exceptional along with the conventional Indian flavor, especially starter and curry made us well satisfied, Atmosphere and service is quite nice & exceptional, for sure if I get a chance to go Singapore once again I would like to visit this great restaurant again……..

swagat123, Guest Relations Manager at The Song of India, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your good review , The song of india takes pride in serving authentic indian food and we are happy that you see that in us, hope to see you soon at The song of india.
Thank you , all the feedbacks are very important for us.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

Though I dont spend too much eating outside, this time i could not resist , it was my lovely wifes birthday , so i reserved a table for us it was friday evening , restaurant was almost full , we were welcomed by hostess , escorted to our table. they recommended set menu but we went for individual orders, chiken bhatti was very nice and little spicy too which i like, my wife liked the prawn curry called masedaar not too spiced it was tasty. also we had yummy mango kulfi , our dinner ended with a surprize chocolate mini something like cake with a candle i dont remember the name which one the same hostess presented us. it was such a wonderful dinner , i and my wife could not resist to meet the chef, it was an honor to meet the celebrity chef Mural who was so humble though i have heard about him but i meet him first time , thumbs up to the song of india making our dinner the best , surely i will recommend to my friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you , all the feedbacks are very important for us.

Reviewed June 7, 2013

Stupidly enough, we can back 6 months after our initial disappointing review.
Well, we should have not. I stand by each and every words from 1st review.
Service is unfriendly and of very poor quality. Maitre D systematically advises you with the most expensive wines. Dishes are tasty but overly greasy.
keep away, better food and service at neighboring Indocafé.

4  Thank Salomon S
swagat123, Guest Relations Manager at The Song of India, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2013

Dear Guest ,

Thank you for taking time to write us a feedback , i am sorry that service did not meet your expectation but i am glad that our food u find was tasty other then it was greasy , definetely we will look in to this . We hope to make your next experience with us better one.

your sincerely