“Sakae - need more variety !”
Review of Sakae Sushi

Sakae Sushi
Ranked #7,530 of 10,681 Restaurants in Singapore
Cuisines: Japanese
Singapore, Singapore
“Sakae - need more variety !”
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Sakae used to be top chain but these days its fare has nothing to shout about Its bland !. Its bento box variety used to be my fave . These day the belt seems to have far fewer variety

You can judge a restaurant by the length of the queue but here on a Friday nite there are so many empty seats. Not in the value for money There are other Japanese chains elsewehere you can go for value and variety.

I bet many loyal clients (like me before) will not be renewing their membership for the 10 % discount unless menu is more exciting

• Visited November 2012

• Indonesian first
“Poor service from the staff.”
Reviewed September 28, 2012

We enjoyed sakae sushi at the changi airport outlet and few others. This time we wanted to try Hougang 1. The staff are very unfriendly. When ask for a fork they gave us kids fork but we want metal adult fork they said only have kids size. Later we saw another different staff serving adult fork to our relatives sitting on another table. When we ask for water we felt they are not so willing to serve. They emphasised it is tap water. Conclusion the service was poor and I won't patronise this outlet anymore.

Wallis and Futuna
“Computer ordered sushi”
Reviewed August 31, 2012

When I am in Asia i always go there because I like sushi but i dont know all the japanese names for the food, so just click through the menu on the computer at every table where you can choose from pictures what you want and it is freshly made and served. Some Sakae Sushi have more or less on their menu but they all have good all-you-can-eat-prices. For me it is the perfect running sushi place.

Visited August 2012
Singapore
“Not too shabby”
Reviewed August 26, 2012

I've always love Japanese food and I've been to almost all the sakae sushi outlets in Singapore so sakae sushi is nothing new to me but recently my girlfriends have been pestering me to go for their Eat all you want Buffet at this outlet and I agreed. My usual dinning experiences at Sakae are very average, customer services were average, food quality are also passable range.
However, I must say their service improved a lot, the food came quickly, the staffs attended to our requests very swiftly. They were very polite and courteous, not like the last time I visited them where I had to prompt them for my bill.
The food was really fresh, especially my favourite, sashimi-I had like 7 plates of sashimi. And I've always enjoyed using their computer to order as I can take my time to order as and when I like.
Overall, I enjoyed my dining experience at Sakae Sushi, the food is yummy and CHEAP! Can't wait to visit their restaurant again!

• Visited July 2012
Perth, Australia
“Sushi Train”
Reviewed July 5, 2012

Food was delicious, better in Penang than Singapore but fresh and yummy all the same.

• Visited July 2012