“Sunday Brunch !”

Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
“Sunday Brunch !”
Reviewed October 17, 2012

We have been to this restaurant twice in the last month for brunch on a Sunday. The food was lovely and the service very good ( for Singapore ). I tried the Bruschetta with avocado and a beautifully cooked poached egg - it was heaven. The last time I had the chicken burger, the chicken was slightly undercooked ( for my taste ), they apologised and brought cakes and coffee on the house. Despite the chicken issue I would still go back to this restaurant because they handled it so well .

• Visited October 2012

SYDNEY
“THE WORST DINNER EVER”
Reviewed September 29, 2012

We are a couple that choose to have our 5 years anniversary at this restaurant . They indicate on the web that this is an Australian steak house experience . My husband is Australian and I wanted to take him to an Australian place for our anniversary

As a couple that dine our regulary but don't necessary want to drink large month of alcohol , it would have been good to have a better choice of by the glass champagne for example a Verve . Paul Roger doesn't quite cut it as a fine champagne in our opinion.

When we ordered a medium rare steak it should be pink inside . This dint happened the first time. When it was sent back again it was medium rare but the cut of the meat indicate a very low quality of steak. I have attached a picture of what a strip loin is supposed to look like and is nothing like the steak at your venue that we had to pay $44 on. The cut of meat was something like a cold storage quality not the Swiss butcher . The cut was thin and extremely stringy .We are just not used to eat such low quality meat especially when expecting an australian traditional steak cut. You might have had a bad cow day but is your job to insure that doesn't happened

There where other things and the manager on duty tried but the most disappointing thing was their meat buyer let down.

Is fine to include a service charge of 10% but to do that you want to make sure you provide service . The training of the waiting staff was inferior because they had to keep going and asking somebody else.

Finally I question the lemon ginger tea did it had any ginger in it ? Perhaps a good idea to read again the information they put on the menu. I'm sure it was just lemongrass .

Extremely disappointed .

• Visited September 2012
Hong Kong, China
“Food so so...won't return”
Reviewed September 28, 2012

It's the first time that we went to Rochester Park. We enjoy weekend brunch so much so today we came here and gave it a try.
Ambience was nice with indoor and outdoor seating. The music was a bit too loud though. We ordered one omelette and one breakfast platter. Omelette looks good with 3 choices of filling - sausage, tomato and feta. Presentation was pretty good but it's just too much olive oil on top. it would be great if they can offer some bread to go with.
Breakfast platter was so so. It's not delicately prepared overall.
Drinks - if you are looking for good coffee this can definitely be skipped.
It's a bit overpriced.
Its a great place for evening drinks and finger food.

• Visited September 2012
Singapore, Singapore
“Excellent food, lovely place!”
Reviewed July 15, 2012 via mobile

Thumbs up for this place. The food was sooooooo good! We had oysters, and this prawn entree that has three different ways of preparation and comes with a coconut sorbet! Cute.

I had the roasted chicken, meat was okay although not as juicy as I would have liked. My pal had the salmon which was amazing. We also had the scallops, and with the lemon and lime it really tasted heavenly.

Dessert was the chocolate fondant which was pretty average.

Great place for intimate dinner parties and dates!

Singapore, Singapore
“Ideal for an intimate date/gathering”
Reviewed June 12, 2012

Great to go here for breakfast or dinner time. The restaurant we went to is the one in Rochester park which is way far off the mrt and bus stop. You need a car or a taxi to get here. The restaurant looks like an old continental house with a nice veranda on the second floor. There's a nice chandelier at the entrance and all the seats are very comfortable. The menu and the price is decent. If you miss Australia, this is where you'll go. It has a very laid back atmosphere. The meat choices according to my date and a friend is superb. My friend had lamb chops while my other half took a medium rare T-bone steak. The appetizer that I got is quite strange as it is shrimps with some bell peppers and pickles with ice cream. The mixture is pretty interesting, it tastes good. Again since this is an Australian restaurant, they have more meat dishes than for vegetarians so I had to resort on Risotto again. However I enjoyed the Chocolate cake and the flat white after. Still enjoyed it. It was a great evening. Service is not so great. After dinner and you still fancy to chill, there's a lounge where you can sit back and enjoy cocktails while watching old movies projected against the wall.

Visited March 2012