“Super food, a bit pricey for the place and very popular”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of first thai food

first thai food
Ranked #1,279 of 10,518 Restaurants in Singapore
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Downtown Core
Singapore, Singapore
“Super food, a bit pricey for the place and very popular”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2012 via mobile

We were pleasantly surprised and thoroughly enjoyed our meal. No gst and no service charge is advertised there. It is essentially a no fuss, non Ac restaurant so dont expect the ritz!

Singapore, Singapore
“Price a little too expensive”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2012

I’m a Thai food lover! Last week, me & my hubby had dinner for the first time at First Thai.

We ordered:

1) Pineapple Rice
2) Pork mince thai basil
3) Drinks

Total Bill: $26

Seriously, I think the Pineapple rice is a little too expensive. Initially I didn’t know that it cost $8/ plate. There’s no shrimp/ prawn only dried grapefruit and pineapple. It’s not worth it.

As for the pork mince, it’s taste slight different compared to what we tried before. My hubby can’t finish it.

Will I come back again? Maybe. But I might just try their fried fish instead as I see lots of people ordered. Or else, I will just rather eat Thai food elsewhere which has much better taste with almost same price.

• Visited February 2012
Sydney, Australia
“We keep going back here - fantastic food, service and value!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2012

We love this place and visit regularly. It's great value at around $25 each. We love the kangkong, green papaya salad and the deep fried fish with chilli sauce and find it hard to order other dishes. We also recommend the pad thai as one of the best around, although other dishes are alo very good. Casual dining in Singapore at it's best; clean, cute decor, warm friendly staff, fresh ingredients, honest thai food, good value. Cash only, closed on Mondays.

• Visited January 2012
Singapore, Singapore
“Authentic Thai cuisine with its spicy spirit included”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2011

It is basically the sensation that one is out of Singapore when you get a table at this amazing restaurant. With a very simple concept in decoration and the owner,who is Thai,along with the cooks,you cannot find a better place to fall into a sea of pleasure if you are into Thai cuisine.

One of the best attractions from Thailand in Singapore!

• Visited September 2011
“Great Thai food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2011

I picked First Thai because I couldn't find the restaurant I was looking for. This place was busy at 2:30pm - so I figured the locals knew something.

Tried the Phad Thai w chicken. Food was amazing - had the feel of an open market, quick eat local spot.