“Nice, but expensive!”

Cuisines: Chinese, Seafood, Singaporean
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed December 12, 2013

Make sure you read the menu correctly here, and know what you're getting, as ordering the wrong the of crab can add hundreds to your bill! The drunken prawns, and chilli crabs are obviously the highlight. The steamed buns go excellently with the chilli crab sauce.

Reviewed December 5, 2013

We each ordered the set menu at $68 per head which sounded lovely plus wine at $40, beer and G&T. What you got was ok but it turned out not enough to feed the stray cat that was wandering around. The crab was practically non existent. When we asked for the bill having sat for an hour waiting for the table to be cleared we were told we had not had our sweet. I agreed with them but said as we had waited for an hour to just knock it off the bill. The response from a range of waiters went from can't do that, we can knock off $6 from the $184 bill, to ultimately removing approx $24. We were still hungry so went to the local wine bar and ordered a cheese board which was much needed. There is plenty of choice so I'd suggest going elsewhere.

1  Thank honestview23
Reviewed December 4, 2013

When I asked my cousin who is a Singapore-based for good restaurant that offers best chili crab in town - this what he suggests. He booked for our dinner and YES it is one of the best. The food is so yummy and the place is good.

Reviewed November 30, 2013

All the locals told me I had to have chili crabs and this was the place to go. It's right on the river and busy,busy,busy. Luckily it's huge. Outdoor seating or indoor but no AC. While they have lots of choice I recommend starting with the razor clams and get those messy but tasty chili crabs. You do need to be ok with getting your hands dirty since the sauce is thick and sticky and you have to get the meat out of the shell.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

Red House offer a set menu which is great value. We had mudcrab, scallops and lobster including drinks for $80aud per head. The food was fantastic and I would definitely recommend it.