“Food is okay, service is appalling”
Review of Sushi Tei

Sushi Tei
Ranked #4,322 of 11,590 Restaurants in Singapore
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Sushi Tei – Where pristine culinary skills and incisive expertise with an innate appreciation of nature come together to inspire and enhance the experience of true Japanese dining.Since our debut in 1994, we have combined the best that the expansive Japanese cuisine has to offer, marrying the intricacies of sashimi to the theatrical flair of teppanyaki with an innate intuition of local tastes to forge an inimitable identity of our own.
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Sushi tei is lucky that they have a few dishes that i love - the dragon roll cannot be missed. However the service at all sushi tei outlets i have been too as been to the same rubbish standard. Its like a cafeteria and yet it is so expensive for such a venue. the staff are brisk and unfriendly, usually unhelpful. A friend with some particular dietary requirements was literally ignored (waitress walked away) in the middle of explaining certain things she could not eat.

Reviewed January 18, 2013 via mobile

We eat weekly at a sushi Tei outlet in the city be it at vivo or China street. The sushi is always great quality and there is a huge range as well as the specials menu. The sashimi platters are always freshly cut at the bar and delivered fairly quickly. Our must trys are the Dai Dai roll, the chicken yakitori Don and the squid tempura. The service at the smaller branches is very good but sometimes at vivo city you can queue for over 20 minutes in the evenings after 6pm outside as they don't take reservations.

1  Thank SingaporeTraveller21
Reviewed January 17, 2013

I had the luxory to may have a business lunch as guest at Sushi Tei at the new shopping mall of West Coast Plaza. Delicious food. I had the Japanes Rames curry noodles as a main dish (after several superb starters): didn't have such a good curry for a long time. Nice view at Sentosa Island. They open at 11.30 am. At 12.00 a long queue might already be there. Two points of improvement: personnel can be slilghtly more accurate and the main dishes were not served (we were with four persons) at the same time.

Reviewed January 12, 2013

Had rushed for a quick lunch at West Coast Plaza, but almost all eating outlet opened only at 11.30am. It will be better if they can opened earlier. So I had chosen this Japanese restaurant as most of the time I went to sakae sushi instead. So wanted to try out this restaurant.

The restaurant is quite big, the waitress lead me to the back of the restuarant, quite polite and very keen to recommend me the food on the menu. Not like most of the restaurant, although I went in not long after they had opened the shop, I did not have the feeling of "why this person came so early and make us work so early" feeling. Felt comfortable.

Order a softshell crab set, price wise is okay, they have set lunch promotion which really provide good choices for working people around the area. Sushi also great, nice soup, good service and I really ahd a great meal there. Only one thing to criticise, the deep fried softshell crab too dry.

Overall, I will not stop myself from going back to this restaurant again. Hope I will still get the same kind of service!!!

And hope the outlet can open earlier, perhaps at 11am is better.

Reviewed January 9, 2013

The items were fresh as can be. We normally do not fancy raw items but once in a while we will try and this sushi teh did provide the fresh items..sushi rolls. Really Yummy. Service was attentive but not intruding. We could have a decent conversation without being constantly interrupted like in some restaurants.
They were quick to notice we require a quiet area and so we were happy.
Food was presented fast and serve hot.
You ask and they deliver. Even payment was done very quickly so overall we had a good experience dining here and will surely return. The good part is it is well located in a shopping mall so after shopping, one could just come and have a decent meal.

Takashimaya is our favorite place. It houses many stores and also many good restaurants.