“hot wings”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Orchard Road
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Relaxed atmosphere,onion soup and hot wings a delight.Staff friendly and look for the locomotive chugging around above the bar.

Reviewed May 22, 2013

Our only visit was for drinks. The usual Dan Ryans decor, clean atmospheric, however $A65 for four beers (small ones) I dont think so. No wonder it was empty.

Reviewed May 5, 2013

This used to be a very good American restaurant that we loved, especially the sautéed mushrooms and ribs. We have been there many times late 90s and early 2000.

Back to Singapore on a visit, we were looking forward to our dinner at Dan Ryans again. Unfortunately, the food quality has dropped to a "just edible" level. The sautéed mushrooms now lacks the aroma and taste, and the fillet mignon set my wife had was really bad. Fillet mignon I supposed to be the best part of the cow, tender and juicy. Despite being medium rare, the entire piece was covered with veins, and basically "unchewable".....

I brought this up to the manager, who gave a nonchalant reply "oh, is it?", and remove the plates.

There was no further follow up, and we left feeling very unsatisfied with the bad food quality and service.

Really missing the Dan Ryans of the 90s.....

Reviewed May 4, 2013

Dined there tonight as I spotted it on the way to my hotel from the airport and salivated for some spare ribs. My first impression when I went into Dan Ryan's was why are all these little kids carrying baloons in here? Did they perchance mistake this for McDonalds or is this where their parents wanted to dine so decided to have a children's party here?

Moving on though, I was directed to the bar and made myself comfortable going through the menu. I decided on spare ribs, chowder andfinished off with chocolate ice cream. Now the food itself was OK, nothing special but passable. What was notable though was the service and frriendliness or lack thereof. I have to say that the bar staff were very busy rushing around tending to customers but what was lacking in all this activity was a total lack of frriendlless or smile. It wasn't that they were impolite at all but just that they looked so unhappy and miserable that it was contageous and I started getting the feeling that I wanted to just finish my meal and leave before I caught whatever it was.

Now, I'm definitely not a connoisseur and I dont really mind what i eat so am quite easy to please and I think that in this case, if the staff were friendlier, I'd probably feel as if the food was better and dismissed the little kids running around.

Which just goes to show, service is everything and can make good meals better and mediocre meals good.

The meal wasn't all that cheap either, S$55 for a mediocre meal and less salubrious service.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

Been going to Dan Ryan's on and off for about 15 years. Went there for lunch the other day with the family. I like the fact that they hire handicapped staff. This is an excellent practice. Food was alright but not the best. Would go back again but not in a hurry to do so.