“Miss”

Cuisines: European
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Orchard Road
Description: Iggy’s, founded by Ignatius Chan, and is one of the top restaurants in Singapore, with international accolades and a following to match. Serving an amalgamation of modern European and Asian cuisine, the food is exceptional, using ingredients from Europe, Asia and Australia. The seasonal tasting menu is a culmination of the best of Ignatius’s travel and dining experiences throughout the world.
Park City, Utah
“Miss”
Reviewed June 14, 2014

Iggy's was a disappointment and did not exceed our expectations. The restaurant is small and with no windows felt dark. It almost has a 80's interior that does not compete with all the other great restaurants in Singapore. The food was good but nothing was overly compelling and we walked out thinking that was a large bill for an average meal. I will say on the positive that service was excellent. I think one can do much better in Singapore and I would recommend one miss Iggy's.

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank VoxVolpe

Bangkok, Thailand
“good food but stuffy place”
Reviewed May 7, 2014

the dining room is small and has no window. the food itself was ok. i wasn't particularly impressed about anything, except may be the risotto. i probably could see myself going back. but i wouldn't make an effort to go back. service is top notched though.

• Visited May 2014
3 Thank banjapat
Singapore, null, Singapore
“Wonderful dining experience”
Reviewed March 14, 2014 via mobile

The ambience is good although the place is not spacious for my preference. But the limited number of seating makes it possible to hang around for hours chit chatting.
Food is fantastic so are the wines. Very friendly service, and very helpful at all times.
Easy access to taxi as it is located in a hotel. Or alternatively we could get some fresh air and go for a walk along orchard road.

1 Thank Elaineyapp
Orbe, Switzerland
“Overrated...”
Reviewed March 1, 2014

I was told by a Singaporean friend that this was the most exciting restaurant in Singapore...so we went with my wife, with great anticipation, knowing that Singapore has a world record of top chef...and we were very disappointed...it is mostly what I call "pretentious" cuisine...trying to impress by mixing up unusual ingredients, (mozarella, yuzu, radish, caviar and a few other unknown items) to look "creative", but the result does not make a "plat" it is just a patchwork of nice colors,better to look at than to eat. and some of the dishes were simply banal...scallops over cooked with one potato and absolutely no seasoning...for the massive price they are charging, you are entitled to expect higher skill and inspiration from the chef...actually I was told that the Chef does not cook...he only has "ideas" and order his cooks to fix them for him...maybe it is an explanation to the inconsistency of the cuisine...the next day I went to a local food market, I had Satay and chat kuay tiao...real authentic Malaysian food...I paid 20$ and I was far more satisfied and happy !

• Visited February 2014
3 Thank Pasukaru H
“Good and creative”
Reviewed February 23, 2014

It was our second time in Iggy's. We knew what to expect and no window dining room and no food choice didn't surprised us this time. But the setting still is too simple and for a couple could be too boring to spend a few hours in such environment. A few years ago they were bringing the guests for desert to the bar counter where you could watch the pastry Chef preparing the sweets for you which was a very nice touch to bring some kind of entertainment to your dining experience. But unfortunately not any more.
Regarding the menu they have two sets to choose from (vegetarian $225 and degustation $245). We took non vegetarian option and I must say that the food was very nice especially tuna belly, white asparagus and the fish for the main course. I loved the presentation as well as the taste. The desert, a crispy mille faille with red berry chip was excellent. The service was attentive and efficient.
Overall it was a very good experience and a pleasant evening.

• Visited February 2014