“Amakazi Supreme”

Tatsuya
Ranked #644 of 11,481 Restaurants in Singapore
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: If sashimi is your secret indulgence, then you must know that few restaurants do it better than Tatsuya. Try celebrated Chef Ronnie Chia’s creations while seated along its impressive 23-seat sushi bar, the longest in the country.
Reviewed July 12, 2014

Sitting at the counter, watching the chefs prepare the food, was exceeded only by the diversity and the quality proferred. Especially worthy of note is the exquisite Kobe beef and the soft shell crab maki rolls. The service rates in my top 10 all time.

Reviewed July 2, 2014

Our favourite meal in Singapore. Ever.
Yes, it's expensive, but you get over it and realise you just had an out-of-body experience of raw (and perhaps blow-torched) fish.
We sat at the sushi bar and were awed by the chef's before we even tasted the food. Then we ordered and ate. Then we told the chef to serve us whatever he wanted, and ate some more.
I'm not eloquent enough to describe the food. It's just amazing.
Further, the restaurant itself is beautiful, and set amidst the Goodwood Park Hotel, which is one of those super-cool heritage spots of Singapore.
Save up, take your lady, and spend some time checking out the hotel before you sit down for dinner. Then take your time and go with it.

Reviewed June 27, 2014

Let's be clear: you have to go to this restaurant only if you don't really mind taking your visa out. We were not expecting to see such high prices (I was not able to find the menu on the Internet and on TripAdvisor it is writtin "Price Range - 0$ - 88$). Once you have passed this "OMG!", you just have two possibilities: to leave or to enjoy the experience.

The service is great, and being inside offers you the possibility to admire Sushi Masters preparing your platter. We went for a regular sushi plate ($120) and a special sushi plate ($200), with one glass of wine and one bottle of water. It is a pleasure to see the cook executing his art in front of you, and at this stage, you would like to try everything !
Sushis were great, quiet original and surprising for about half of them (about 8-10 sushis per plate), but it stays sushi !
If we come back we will go for a 9/10 courses menu at 280$ - a budget.

I agree with the previous comment saying that the atmosphere is not romantic and it is a shame.

I specially appreciated the perfect service, the possibility to have a scarf (the AC is very cold), and the spectacle looking at Sushis Masters. Sushis were very good - but in the end you still end up with a very high bill…

2  Thank JulieLND
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Located at the quaint and heritage looking Goodwood Park hotel on Scotts Road in Singapore this little hidden treasure is tucked away to one side of the hotel …… From the moment you enter you are greeted politely and immediately seated granted that you had made a reservation which one should because there is a very limited capacity ….. the chefs are all across the counter and your server quickly asks you if you want Omakase (Chefs choice) or if you would like to see the menu and takes your drinks order …. If you know what you want to eat and what you like I always suggest looking at the menu because only you know your tastes and preferences and dietary restrictions best. We started off with the Tuna and Salmon Sashimi which was sublime, next we had the hokkaido scallops topped with foie gras and torched which were also excellent , next came the seared beef which was cooked to perfection and melted in your mouth, the reverse california roll which followed also hit the spot, and lastly we had the puffer fish which was mouth wateringly tasty!!!! Wow wow wow!!! One of my best Japanese meals ever and a must go for anyone who loves Japanese cuisine!!!

Reviewed June 14, 2014

It was a birthday treat for me and my friend chose this restaurant, knowing that I fancy Japanese food. I was excited as I had heard lots of good reviews. As we entered, I was impressed with the layout - guests are seated at a long counter behind which the chefs prepare the intricate dishes right in front of you. We were shown to our seats promptly by the hostess dressed in kimonos.

We opted for the seasonal menu where the chefs come up with 10 course of dishes with the season ingredients. The dishes were generally excellent and service was also good - the waitress served our food and drinks promptly, and explained each dish to us patiently.

My only complaint was the ambience. I would fine dining to be conducted in a more quiet and reserved atmosphere. Unfortunately, some of the staff and local diners were speaking quite loudly in a mixture of English, Mandarin and Singlish. I just returned from Japan 1 week ago and service there is generally extremely refined and graceful: people speak softly and courteously, and there is an artistic motion in every movement. Perhaps I am being unfair in expecting similar standards in Singapore. However, I felt almost awkward to hear a cacophony of Singlish, English and Mandarin in a supposedly fine dining experience. It would perhaps suit the atmosphere of a Japanese restaurant better to have the staff speak more softly.

The bill came up to about $850 for two persons. I would still recommend the restaurant for the excellent food but I would not recommend it for a romantic occasion for the bad ambience.