“Deserves a standing ovation!!!!”
Review of Tatsuya

Tatsuya
Ranked #559 of 10,692 Restaurants in Singapore
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: If sashimi is your secret indulgence, then you must know that few restaurants do it better than Tatsuya. Try celebrated Chef Ronnie Chia’s creations while seated along its impressive 23-seat sushi bar, the longest in the country.
Karachi
“Deserves a standing ovation!!!!”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Located at the quaint and heritage looking Goodwood Park hotel on Scotts Road in Singapore this little hidden treasure is tucked away to one side of the hotel …… From the moment you enter you are greeted politely and immediately seated granted that you had made a reservation which one should because there is a very limited capacity ….. the chefs are all across the counter and your server quickly asks you if you want Omakase (Chefs choice) or if you would like to see the menu and takes your drinks order …. If you know what you want to eat and what you like I always suggest looking at the menu because only you know your tastes and preferences and dietary restrictions best. We started off with the Tuna and Salmon Sashimi which was sublime, next we had the hokkaido scallops topped with foie gras and torched which were also excellent , next came the seared beef which was cooked to perfection and melted in your mouth, the reverse california roll which followed also hit the spot, and lastly we had the puffer fish which was mouth wateringly tasty!!!! Wow wow wow!!! One of my best Japanese meals ever and a must go for anyone who loves Japanese cuisine!!!

• Visited June 2014

• Indonesian first
Singapore, Singapore
“Good food but let down by the ambience”
Reviewed June 14, 2014

It was a birthday treat for me and my friend chose this restaurant, knowing that I fancy Japanese food. I was excited as I had heard lots of good reviews. As we entered, I was impressed with the layout - guests are seated at a long counter behind which the chefs prepare the intricate dishes right in front of you. We were shown to our seats promptly by the hostess dressed in kimonos.

We opted for the seasonal menu where the chefs come up with 10 course of dishes with the season ingredients. The dishes were generally excellent and service was also good - the waitress served our food and drinks promptly, and explained each dish to us patiently.

My only complaint was the ambience. I would fine dining to be conducted in a more quiet and reserved atmosphere. Unfortunately, some of the staff and local diners were speaking quite loudly in a mixture of English, Mandarin and Singlish. I just returned from Japan 1 week ago and service there is generally extremely refined and graceful: people speak softly and courteously, and there is an artistic motion in every movement. Perhaps I am being unfair in expecting similar standards in Singapore. However, I felt almost awkward to hear a cacophony of Singlish, English and Mandarin in a supposedly fine dining experience. It would perhaps suit the atmosphere of a Japanese restaurant better to have the staff speak more softly.

The bill came up to about $850 for two persons. I would still recommend the restaurant for the excellent food but I would not recommend it for a romantic occasion for the bad ambience.

• Visited June 2014
Livigno, Trentino-Alto Adige, Italy
“Terribly expensive and "so so food"”
Reviewed May 24, 2014 via mobile

Very very expensive and food uninteresting, have eaten much better sushi in Italy believe it or not. Service slow, fish reasonably fresh but really nothing to write home about. Outside terrace overlooking the parking lot. Even the hotel's cafeteria does better than this

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Emanuele V
“good Japanese food”
Reviewed May 15, 2014

best sushi in town. I have not had such fresh and nice sushi for a long time. the service is very good too.

• Visited April 2014
Singapore, Singapore
“Expensive but delicious bento set lunch”
Reviewed May 8, 2014

I finally tried the bento set lunch after hearing so much about it. I had the sashimi set with grilled unagi, and my partner had the sushi set. Each set is S$45 before taxes and service charge.

Both sets were good, the fish were fresh, the tempura was cooked just right and the chawamushi was so soft with a slight hint of yuzu.

The portion was reasonably big for the price.

• Visited May 2014