“Delicious”

Tatsuya
Ranked #488 of 11,181 Restaurants in Singapore
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: If sashimi is your secret indulgence, then you must know that few restaurants do it better than Tatsuya. Try celebrated Chef Ronnie Chia’s creations while seated along its impressive 23-seat sushi bar, the longest in the country.
Reviewed June 27, 2013

We had the lunch box at tatsuya. Unfortunately we haven t booked so we stayed outside on the terrace. The waitress was really nice. The food is good, fish is fresh. We tried the sushi and the sashimi bentos which are approx 30 sing dollards each.
Service was also quick. It was one of my best japanese restaurant. Thanks for the good experience.

Reviewed June 22, 2013

We went to Tatsuya on a Friday night without reservations, and were almost turned away by the host as the place was packed. This was about to be the 3rd time in a row a Japanese restaurant turn us away due to limited seats. Fortunately, Ronnie showed up and after some consideration allowed us to be seated and ordered the chef's recommendation for us. The omakase style is a welcome break from French fine dining, and the food was delicious. The most memorable were the tuna toro, sea urchin chawanmushi, yam with foie gras and assorted aburi sushi. The only reason this meal did not get 5 stars is because they missed 1 wagyu course, and we only found out after we noticed other guests getting it and confirmed this by reading the menu again. Great friendly chefs, great food and nice atmosphere, we will definitely be returning.

Reviewed June 21, 2013

I am not a Japanese food expert, but I do eat out a lot. This was something special Went on a friday without reservation and were seated in a lively atmosphere at the sushi bar. All bites, dishes is too big a word, are made by the 'your' chef of service and are served seconds after they've been arranged. We had various sashimi bites. All fish was extremely fresh and tender. The flavoures were exquisite and this has truly been a special dining experience. Given the price this is not something I would do every week, but I am already looking out for the next occasion that may serve as a good excuse to go.

Reviewed June 5, 2013

We read the review for Tatsuya on line and went there without a reservation on a Saturday night. They fortunately had space for us at the sushi bar and we found ourselves in a fun, friendly and lively atmosphere.

The service was exceptional - genuinely friendly and attentive, very intimate but not overbearing.

The 'action' behind the sushi bar was good fun to watch and join in with.

The prices were not as high as we had thought they might be: although expensive, this is not as expensive as many other Japanese restaurants in Singapore and it is VERY definitely worth it.

The sushi and sashimi are the freshest I have ever tasted. The sashimi was like butter it was so soft - no sinews or muscle or bone, just perfect. We did not select the set menu but asked for help from the waitress and she advised us what would be the right amount of food for the two of us - and it was perfect, we did not over order.

Highly recommend the sushi and sashimi sharing plate for two. Also the hot sake - one of my favourites, this is a great version.

I would go back there in a heartbeat - highly, highly recommended. If you love sushi this will be hard to beat.

PLUS they stayed open til about 10.30/11ish when we left, which is late for a Japanese I think.

Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

Space maybe a bit tight at the Sushi bar, however it's simply worth it as you can see the Chefs in action. I almost thought I was watching "Jiro Dreams of Sushi".

Bento sets are amazing value!

Overall pleased with the whole experience.