“Japanese food at its best”
Review of Tatsuya

Tatsuya
Ranked #513 of 11,380 Restaurants in Singapore
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: If sashimi is your secret indulgence, then you must know that few restaurants do it better than Tatsuya. Try celebrated Chef Ronnie Chia’s creations while seated along its impressive 23-seat sushi bar, the longest in the country.
Reviewed October 28, 2012

The resto is quaint and small just like in Japan. there is a menu byt the best would be the chef's choice. This is the freshest japanese sushi and sashimi we have ever tasted. The best ever!

Reviewed October 25, 2012

My husband's firm treated us this week to a team dinner at Tatsuya. Very impressive classy surroundings with great discreet service. I loved the salmon and we all had a few too many sakis.

My husband took the bill on behalf of the table and reviewed it when we got home: nearly $300 per head plus plus plus (why do they like doing that here ?).

Great experience but it was so expensive I felt kinda gross afterwards having squandered so much money on just food and drink. Maybe I'm a hippie at heart but these prices are vulgar.

Reviewed October 19, 2012

Where to start... everything is good there! Chef Ronnie is a GOD.
His staff members are excellent. The selection of sashimi and sushi is great - let the chef decide for you. The quality is excellent.
The lunch bento box sets are of good value.
The hamachi is superb - nicely grilled to perfection. And the salmon handroll is to die for, the same goes for the soft shell crab rolls.

Reviewed October 13, 2012 via mobile

My family favourite Japanese restaurant.
We frequent this restaurant every other month. The set lunch is value for money. Love the Ladies lunar set. The omesaki set is excellent although pricey. If you inform the chef your budget, they could tailor the omesaki set for you.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

Tatsuya is pricey but you pay for the quality. Everything is wonderful in Tatsuya, even the simple dish. I believe that the chef takes pride in preparing every dish and you feel their sincerity through their food. Great service, great food, great value. Whatever you order, I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

It's been a while since I visit Tatsuya but do come for the Omakase. For those of you who are not familiar with the term, Omakase is a Japanese phrase which means "I'll leave it to you". That means that you will eat whatever the Chef serves you. Before your meal the chef will usually ask if you have any allergy or any food restrictions. It's best to have Omakase at the sushi bar because you can see how the Chef prepares the food. An important thing to note is that the Chef will keep on serving you food until you are full. Therefore, tell the Chef that you are full and he will go on with the dessert to end your meal.

I spent about SGD 150 per person for the Omakase when I came here. It's just so good and I can't bear to not try other dish! Anyway, do try it out. I heard Lee Kuan Yew comes here sometimes to eat...

1  Thank Joan W