“Great Mexican food”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Tanglin
Description: With a rich history dated all the way back to 1988, Margarita's® is a hidden gem located in Dempsey Hill that offers a wide range of authentic and succulent Mexican cuisine at affordable prices. ​ The concept at Margarita's®, the Mexican Restaurant is simple, where the best of Mexican cuisine is served - no pretence, just good food prepared in the authentic Mexican way. It is cooking with simple, authentic and the best ingredients available to always bring forth clear and homemade flavours. We aim for food that is beautiful as well as delicious. Even our famous margaritas are made with 100% blue agave tequilas, the finest orange liquers and lime juices. ​ Our restaurants, offer a memorable dining experience in a pleasant ambience - a place for friends, families, lovers and acquantainces to discover the joy and excitement of Mexican food, drinks and music. ​ We try to take the mystery out of good Mexican cuisine to allow our guests to have an honest appreciation for it. We want to create a sense of adventure and to re-define personal preferences. Taste is an acquired art and quality in food, cannot be measured but it can certainly be mastered. ​ We definitely hope that our guests would continue to enjoy what we do - serving the best Mexican cuisine.
Reviewed October 16, 2012

I took a friend to Margharitas this week. It was quietish (school night so to be expected). We orderded a jug of maragharitas and some checken and bean fajitas. The portions were huge, the food was tasty and the maragharitas flowed nicely. After dinner wandered off to Harry's and finished off the night nicely. Excellent midweek reprieve.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

My wife and I went to Margarita's on Saturday night. My wife is from Houston and is missing TexMex food since we transferred to Singapore just over one year ago. After she made a reservation at Margarita's in Dempsey Hill I was a little skeptical before visiting this restaurant based on the mixed reviews from other people, especially in relation to the service level.
I have to say that the service levels in the restaurant were excellent during our dinner. We had made reservations for 8.30pm but arrived at 8.10pm. Our table was available straight away. The service during the dinner was very good.
The food itself was good (not great by Houston standards) but taking into account that we are in South East Asia I think the food was better than we expected. I would suggest that they serve more tortilla chips with their starters as it is not enough especially for customers who are used to free tortilla chips. The quality and quantity of the main entrees was more than adequate, even for people with large appetites.
Overall my wife and I were quite satisfied with our visit to Margarita's and we will go back for our TexMex fix.

Reviewed September 8, 2012

I've been here before a few times. The mood lighting and relaxed atmosphere is always welcome after a long week at work. I like the margaritas in general; enjoyed both the frozen and the "on the rocks" versions. While the Fajitas as predictably well done, the chilli peppers are real treat. But yesterday I was delighted after trying the chilli chocolate for the first time. The brownie just melts in your mouth and the chilli hits the back of your throat after. The balance is just right, neither overpowering the other. Try it!!

Reviewed August 27, 2012

I always make it a point to visit Margarita's whenever I am in Singapore. It has some of the best Mexican food that I have ever had. The atmosphere is brilliant and the staff are polite. It is a pain however to try and find a space to sit on a weekend day. If dont have reservations I recommend going on your own risk. We were almost turned away this time around but managed to get a seat at the last minute. The place was a little pricey but I highly recommend it!!!

Reviewed August 24, 2012

The Margarita's restaurant is one the finest fine dining restaurants in Singapore. Located at Dempsey's an exclusive area of Singapore . Margarita's offers one of the finest range of excellent Mexican cuisine.Great place for small group parties.Service is world class and the food divine.