“Major need of service standard”

The Manhattan Fish Market
Ranked #4,959 of 10,934 Restaurants in Singapore
Cuisines: American, Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Orchard Road
“Major need of service standard”
Reviewed December 24, 2013 via mobile

I had dinner at the Century Square outlet on 24/12/2013 with my wife. We ordered mushroom soup,mussels,salmon(main) and prawn/fish meal. With 2 drinks. My wife soup came fast. Drinks came after 10mins. And its not busy. I waited for my mussels. I ask one of the servers. She check. And the screwed up started. My salmon came and still no mussels. They took it back. My wife mains came and thn the mussels. While I'm enjoying the mussels,out came my salmon for the 2nd time. By the time I finish my mussels; my mains turn cold. I always hv lunch or dinner at MFM. My fav are still the ones at City Square and Plaza Singapura. The servers are attentive. Please give your staffs the correct training they need before they work. I'm from FnB background and I'm ashamed if the standards; even for a fastfood,are not met. Thank you.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Melbourne Australia
“Not what it used to be”
Reviewed December 12, 2013

The Manhattan Fish Market at Thomson Road United Square was disappointing. The clam chowder was pretty much tasteless, the mussels in a garlic sauce was OK but the bread - photographed in the menu to suggest toasted garlic bread was plain. The house salad was ordinary but included some lettuce leaves that looked suspicious. The most disappointing thing was the dory batter - it used to be a crisp light delight but last night it was more like a crumbed cover. The dory was tasteless. My partner's cheery snapper was better. The salad on my plate was daubed with a sweet minty mess. Partner was spared that. I'm crossing Manhattan off my list.

• Visited December 2013
“Get Cheated”
Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

Visited Bugis+'s outlet on 17/11/13.I'm so careless never checked my deal as I get cheated.I have brought 2 Groupon deal vouchers, one is $11.95 come w 1Fish n Chips Dory Lite+Fish n Chips Regular.Another voucher is $24.95 come w 1 Fish n Chips Dory Lite+1 Fish n Chips Regular+2 Soup of the day+2 Mocktail+1 Fried Country Mushroom.But I was being served less of 1 Fish n Chips Regular.

1 Thank Angelina A
Asia
“Very average”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Service could be better, but then they are rather short of staff. Food wise is just average and seafood platter portion seems a tad small.

• Visited May 2013
Perth Australia
“Reasonable food”
Reviewed October 3, 2013

I ate at The Manhattan Fish Market (in the Central Shopping Centre - Clarke Quay MRT) twice because it was close to where I was staying, the food was nice with generous portions and it was reasonably priced.
I found the restaurant after eliminating some other restaurants within the complex.
The first night I visited (Saturday about 8pm) there was a queue but it moved fairly quickly (about 15-20 mins). They happily accommodated me even though I was a solo diner.
A meal of seafood entre, grilled Dory on a bed of herb garlic rice with vegetables, a drink and tea was a little over Sing$20.00
Another night I had clam chowder, Manhattan fish, chips, sauce and salad, dessert, tea and soft drink this was about Sing$30.00
I do agree with a previous reviewer about the back of the restaurant being more noisy, which it is, but I asked to the seated near the back of the restaurant on both occasions as the view across Clarke Quay is more interesting than looking at someone elses meal.
I enjoyed both my meals and felt they were good value. The service was a bit hit and miss, but the staff polite.
My one comment would be that the tables could be slightly larger.

• Visited January 2013