“Enjoyable Ember”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Chinatown
“Enjoyable Ember”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

Lovely food and great presentation. Really hate to be asked for your desert order because the kitchen is closing half way through the main course.

Visited February 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
“Always good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2013

One of my favourite restaurants in Singapore! The food is consistently good and the waitstaff are really friendly. There are quite a few good dishes however I would highly recommend the foie gras with egg yolk, and the cold angel hair pasta as both those dishes are tasty and very well put together.

Visited February 2013
Singapore, Singapore
“Good food but can be better”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2013

Was there for lunch. Abit confused on the menu initially. Staff explained well anyway. Tried their foiegras as first course. I would say its abit mushy for my liking. Their duck confit was my main and it was yummy! Just a tinkle to the chef.. The duck confit can reduce their salt a little as I'm a person who loves my food salty but this is too much though. Dessert is heavenly good. Im usually not a dessert person but this chocolate lave cake is so great! Their service is very good. Well done and keep it up. :)

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank isabeld622
Singapore, Singapore
“Great food, could have better service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

You can never fail if you order the Foie gras with the mushroom and poached egg at Ember! Absolutely great every single time. I just tried the cold truffle angel hair pasta for the first time with Abalone, that was surprisingly good, though I wouldn't say it was better than the one at Satsuma Restaurant in Gallery hotel. The Chilean seabass is good too, just beware that it can get a little salty after a few bites.

It is a little bit of a shame about the service. We had to ask for the bill three times before it finally came, but if you're out for a good meal with friends for a good price, then I would definitely check it out!

• Visited June 2013
Melbourne, Australia
“Great Food!! Great Value Lunch Menu”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013

Went there for lunch with a friend. They have a very good value Set Lunch Menu for arond $39++, $45++ with foie gras. Trust me, go for the foie gras, they are simply heavenly.
I just recently reviewed about a very high end french restaurant, which I commented that it was over priced, although the food there was good. But I still believe food and price must be exceptional to achieve an 'Excellent'. One can only do that much with good. You can put the most expensive ingredients on the plate, and if it doesn't do anything for me, it doesm't do anything for me, no matter how expensive the ingredient is. I judge food with my palate, and while in a restauarnt, I judge food with both my palate and wallet. On that, I have to give Ember a 'Very Good' for it's excellent food, and great value for it Lunch Menu.
My foie Gras was perfect, my crispy pork was perfect, and even thehot straight-from-the-oven bread served was perfect. Only dessert was ok. But hey, it still scored a "Very Good"!!!
It definitely warrant a second visit, a third and fourth.....

• Visited June 2013