“Fantabulous dinner indeed!”

Carousel Buffet, Royal Plaza on Scotts
Ranked #30 of 11,380 Restaurants in Singapore
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Carousel is an award-winning buffet restaurant at Royal Plaza on Scotts Singapore Hotel.From Mediterranean, Asian, Japanese fare, a lavish seafood spread, an impressive French Rotisserie, and three dazzling dessert stations, the wide array of delectable cuisines will leave the diners spoilt for choice.
Reviewed July 24, 2013

The minute my family and I set foot to the restaurant, we were immediately welcomed by a group of an amazingly warm staff! Since my dad works overseas and was back for a short holiday, they even came up with a ginormous cupcake given to him as his come-back celebration! My family and I were deeply awed by their service as well as their never-dying spirit of entertainment of the staffs most especially from Karlson (whom I believe is the manager) despite being full house. I was ecstatic for they serve with LOVE.

Thank you so much to Mathi who made the effort of taking a photo of me and my family as well as sending it to me personally via email. To the butlers who served us always with a warm smile, not to mention to the amazing chef Robert for the scrumptious pasta!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,190)

Reviewed July 23, 2013

We had our buffet lunch and celebrated our son birthday in the restaurant. He was very surprised and delighted to be presented with a cake from the hotel staff.
The spread is good and fresh, especially the sashimi counter, which is my favourite. I would like to return to try the dinner buffet on my birthday, coming soon ..... See you : ))

Reviewed July 20, 2013

My party of 12 had a reunion & the booking via e-mail was a breeze. The replies were responsive and the reception took note of my requirements. They even prepared a small cupcake with a "Happy Anniversary" chocolate. We were busy taking photos and enlisted the help of the servers. One of them was a photo enthusiast and he volunteered to help. The plates were cleared promptly, water filled regularly and as we chatted along, they even asked if we wanted decaf coffee. What a wonderful service!

But the star appeal is definitely the food. The spread is generous and the quality top notch. The sashimi, oysters, shellfishes, lobsters were fresh and always replenished. The hot food section is very good too and there are so many types of soups. The dessert & pastry may not be as good as other top restaurants but they were not too shabby either. There is also a salad offering.

The only negative in my opinion is the drinks-there is water, Bandung (rose syrup milk) & a coffee machine. No juices (unless I missed it).

Overall, for about $80/pax, I would return again with my family for a special occasion.

1  Thank Allkuans
Reviewed July 18, 2013

It was easy to make an online reservation. This was not my first time to Carousel so I knew and expected that the quality of the food would be good. I was not disappointed. The staff gave us a warm welcome and farewell when we left. They also surprised me with a birthday cake and a lively birthday song, and even took our photograph. Thank you for a memorable experience!!

1  Thank Frances N
Reviewed July 16, 2013

I had my birthday dinner and experience the best service from the staffs. The staffs presented me a cake and offered to take picture for me and my families. Their warmth and beautiful smiles makes my day. The restaurant has a cosy atmosphere. The best thing i like about the restaurant is the service is very efficient. The food are tasty with many varieties and the seafood are very fresh. If i really have to write something i liked least will be the Spanish delights. But it is because I am not used to eating Spanish food. Overall, i highly recommend this wonderful restaurant.

1  Thank yummyfood321