“Quite appalling attitude”

Ranked #750 of 11,869 Restaurants in Singapore
Cuisines: Asian, Indian, Malaysian, Singaporean
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Tanglin
Description: Spize offers a Uniquely Singapore al-fresco dining experience with a careful selection of our favourite recipes. From the much loved Western and Mediterranean, Spicy Indian, Authentic Thai to our favourite Singapore local street food!Spize delivers a wide selection of exquisite street delights satisfying thousands of dinners daily at superb value!Spize is also conveniently located with strategic operating hours and has for years been the ideal pit-stop for post party grub and late supper meals amongst locals and friends from lands afar.The Spize team consistently strives to improve our service delivery and the continuous fine tuning of our culinary efforts have been winning us many loyal supporting fans and a few humbling awards.Browse through our menu offerings, pick your favourite items and we look forward to your next visit.
Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

This is an iconic budget place to eat, but because if their success they really don't seem to care if a customer has a bad experience with their food. My father ordered steak and I ordered cray fish. The steak came quickly and was excellent, the crayfish came 15 mins later along with the drinks we initially ordered. I ate much of the crayfish before I can across one that I had to spit out because it was clearly badly off. I called a waiter over and explained. The waiter disappeared and then another more senior came and asked what was the problem, I explained again and suggested she smelt the plate. She did and pulled her head away quickly and then just walked off with the plate without comment. Later when I asked for the bill I was surprised to find that they were asking me to pay the whole cost of the crayfish. I explained to the waiter that that couldn't be the case as one of the crayfish was off. Another waiter was sent over and he said I should have complained at the start. I said that the dish was in a heavy gravy sauce how was I to know it was off until I ate it. I said as a compromise why didn't they take 50% of the cost off. Instead they deducted $4 off for one crayfish. And not one word of apology. I live just around the corner from the restaurant, I will never return.

4  Thank Gadstrat

Reviewed January 31, 2013

This is a good place if you want a quick dinner and can't decide on what you want. it has india, asian and western. we were rather dubious about this but the murtabak was ok and was the hokkein seafood. wouldn't rave about it but it was ok

Reviewed January 17, 2013 via mobile

Awesome food, awesome price, awesome quality!! This is one place where you can practically find food fusion - Thai, Chinese, Malay, Indian, Western. I've been here several times and was never disappointed with each visit. Seafood was all cooked superb and portions were generous! Tried their clams, crayfish, prawns, steak, Prata (of course), nasi goreng (fried rice), well...the list will keep on going. Anyhow, you people have got to get down to this mouth watering place!

Reviewed January 4, 2013

The service was ok, quick, but the waitress had a certain chip on her shoulder. The Asia portion of our meal was outstanding, very delicious. We were disappointed with our India cuisine though. Overall good experience and we would return.

Reviewed November 3, 2012

They have really good spicy foods, mostly with Nasi Goring. They have a variety of Prata (the Cheese and Banana w/cheese) are a must-try! The curry is just cooked to my taste, not too spicy and there's no after taste. The place is situated right just very near to a bus stop near the heart of Orchard. They open late at night and closes in the morning. Just right for a late supper catch-up with friends and an early breakfast after clubbing!

Serves food and drinks at a very reasonable price.

Price range of meals starts at $5.00