“Ikoi - years of excellance”

Ikoi Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #662 of 11,290 Restaurants in Singapore
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: The Quays
Reviewed March 17, 2014

Today, Celine* and I decided to head to Ikoi Japanese Restaurant for lunch in the rain, just to satiate our sashimi cravings. It was a rather last minute decision, and I was surprised that she managed to make reservations in the morning for our noon-time lunch. Anyway, the well-known Ikoi Japanese Restaurant is located at 401 Havelock Road #01-01 Miramir Hotel, Singapore 169631 and the number for reservations is 6887 3788.

The restaurant has a rather sleek but simplistic, classically Japanese design - clean white and light brown tones, open concept and colorful tatami seats. Yes, we were fortunate enough to be given a Tatami seat even though there were just two of us, and it was my first time sitting this way - rather comfortable.

While browsing through the menu, we were being served the complimentary items such as the sumptuous Salmon Sashimi slices drenched in a lightly-flavored sauce, and the small teapot of Seafood Soup that I have missed since my last visit here years ago. The Sashimi was very fine and meltingly tender, and the seafood soup was tasty as ever, especially with the squeeze of lime wedge into it.

Very quickly, they brought us the first items of our order. The Shisamo which I have swo rn off during my last Japanese restaurant visit. This was an order by mistake, and the sinful recollection of its deliciousness when I was here years back - well, it is still delicious and filled with roe. The Agadeshi Tofu was lovely too - meltingly-crispy skin and sweetly smooth insides, floating in a plate of light soy sauce.

Next, the dish of Cucumber slices with accompaniment of tasty, savoury Miso beans - a refreshing delight. The lightly-salted and soft Edamane beans which made for a good snack in between waits. And the California Temaki - handroll with cucumber sticks, crabmeat, omelet and Japanese rice rolled in large sheet of seaweed - tasty and crunchy.

They brought us our Sake Maki - salmon sashimi with mayonnaise. The tiny dices of salmon sashimi bits stuffed into sticky Japanese rice, rolled into seaweed and sprayed with mayonnaise - was a combination of crunchiness, tenderness and deliciousness all rolled into one.

For more detailed information and photos, please feel free to visit:

Reviewed January 1, 2014

It was my second time at Ikoi and the place was packed, with even every seat at the sushi and sashimi counters fully occupied. Reservations were made two weeks ago by my friends and we were seated at the sashimi counter. The tuna, salmon and marlin sashimi were fresh. There were also octopus and squid sashimi. But that was about all the sashimi on offer. I could not even have a tamago (egg) sashimi. Instead it comes in sushi form, with rice on it. They do not make exception. Everything that is stated on the buffet menu could be ordered if it is available. The shrimp tempura was okay. Ikoi had a special braised salmon head during lunch that day and it was offered to us. It was quite good but I would have preferred it grilled instead. The waitresses were constantly busy but fast and efficient.

For big eaters who love sushi and sashimi, Ikoi is the place to be. Otherwise, better head elsewhere. At S$38++ for lunch, it is not exactly cheap for people with small appetite. For those who are looking for quality, Ikoi is average.

Reviewed December 27, 2013 via mobile

Umpteen visits to Ikoi and i will still recommend this place for friends who are very into sashimi. Their choice of sashimi may be restricted to the main fish types but the freshness is always there. Other choices of Japanese food is authentic and tasty!

buffet dinner is at $38++ so if you are not those who can eat lots, it may sometime sound more worth it to order ala carte at a restaurant elsewhere.

Reviewed November 13, 2013

Went there for the 1st time, tried to make reservations several times but always fully booked...

The place is kinda cramp, especially if u are seated at the sushi bar another point to note is that the restaurant is not very pram friendly due to the limited space & huge crowd.

All those aside, they serve very good sashimi. The sashimi is fresh & the chef cuts pretty thick slices for you. Other than that, the rest of the food is pretty nice, but for me, i mostly eat just sashimi...

Definitely a must go for family/friends gathering. If your body is on the heavy side (like me), try not to take the sushi bar seats coz u will feel cramp!

2  Thank Kenny Y
Reviewed October 6, 2013

One of my favourite Japanese restaurants - a reasonably priced eat-all-you-want Japanese buffet is a dream come true! the salmon and tuna sashimi is my favourite, always fresh - no restrictions on how much you can eat! their special soup is fantastic. This is a restaurant i love coming back to

1  Thank travelhappyMumbai