“Peking Duck”

Hua Ting Restaurant
Ranked #835 of 11,592 Restaurants in Singapore
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Orchard Road
Description: Since 1992, Hua Ting Restaurant has established a firm reputation for its authentic Cantonese cuisine; winning multiple awards for signatures, roast delights and home-crafted dim sum that have been highlights of many family and corporate gatherings. One of the earliest Cantonese fine dining hotel restaurants in Singapore, it is a stalwart for Cantonese cuisine and has taken on the duty of ensuring that traditional Cantonese flavours are imparted to a new generation of diners. Set in a brand-new sophisticated space, Hua Ting Restaurant and its team of accomplished chefs led by Hong Kong Masterchef Lap Fai continue to bring new heights of excellence with innovative dishes while keeping with the tradition of serving authentic Cantonese cuisine.
Reviewed June 15, 2013

I heard this was the best place for Peking Duck in Singapore. It is very good indeed. The traditional pancakes are delicious and the remainder of the beast was stir fried and served in lettuce cups. The service was friendly and efficient.

2  Thank Richard U

Reviewed June 3, 2013

Celebrated my dad's 60th there. The staff were extremely accommodating with my requests for the function. They provided a comprehensive list of Set Menus for the 6 table function ranging between the upper 800 region all the way to over 1500. They were also reasonably flexible with my request to change certain dishes.

Special thanks to Huay Ping, Yanny and Irene for helping put together an extremely memorable event for me. I would highly recommend this restaurant if you are hosting a small function of up to 6 tables. Not the first time I'd been here and I dare say that the quality of what you get relates directly with the price. Last I was there we went for the most expensive of everything and glad to say we were not dissapointed. This time round we decided to manage costs abit but suffice to say, we were still more than content - the amongst other things fried fish was absolutely fantastic.

The function room did have 2 huge pillars in it but the staff were nice enough to consult on seating and table arrangements to ensure that everyone got a good line of sight to the VIP table. Compliments on helping through the planning phase all the way till the end of the function esp on that busy mother's day.

1  Thank Leon C
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Went for dim sum lunch twice. it was the custard bun that attracted me back to the restaurant. Dim sum choices are quite limited but the quality of the food is excellent. the ambience is also nice and classy. congee is expensive and small serving. perch fish congee was delicious, just too pricey at $10. my friend ordered century egg porridge and it costs $8, taste was alright...nothing special for the expensive price. average price of dim sum is about $4.50 which is okay. the best was the custard bun. warm and oozing salted yolk custard from your first bite. prawn chee cheong fun and bbq pork pastry were great too.

just a point I would like to bring out is that their tea cups are huge and chunky they don't look nice for such a classy place serving quality Cantonese food. it would be better if they used the traditional small tea cups since this is a Cantonese restaurant.

oh yes there's 15% off if u pay with credit card.

1  Thank luvholiday9
Reviewed April 30, 2013

My hubby always entertain his clients at this restaurant. We visit this place as a family at least once a month. Price is not cheap but it is worth every cent as you enjoy your food oh so much !

1  Thank PearlynSingapore
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Hua Ting is my favourite place in SG to have dim sum. Their dim sum is delicious! Although quite limited variety (maybe about 20-25 kinds), the quality of the food is good. You also dont have to wait long for the food to be served. The ambience is good as well - imagine high class chinese restaurant. Service is ok, but it can get pretty bad when it is pack. I normally have to wait quite a bit for my bill.

My advice is to make reservation as it can get pack during the weekends. Call atleast 4 days before.