“My first taste of Indian food!”
Review of Gayatri Restaurant

Gayatri Restaurant
Ranked #1,208 of 11,380 Restaurants in Singapore
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Little India
Reviewed August 29, 2013

I was hesitant at first because I have never tried Indian food before. This would be my first. It didn't disappoint. Just getting in the restaurant, the ambiance is already welcoming. The staff cater us right away with a menu in an IPAD! Wow! But since, I have friends who live in Singapore who know the dishes and know this place it was never a problem ordering. I am not familiar with the menus but I should say I liked it. I remembered there was a curry and fish head which I like :) A little hot for me, but I managed to finish my meal. I liked eating in a banana leaf and using my hands. Great service and good food!!

Reviewed June 3, 2013 via mobile

Good food in Indian restaurant in Singapore,,,,fish head was no good but chicken and mutton good .South Indian item was so good.We will come back again thank u ,singapore

Reviewed May 14, 2013

Food is super delicious. The beriyani n fish cutlet is very nice. YOu can try even the crab curry . Only thing is the pricing is slightly at higher side. Would recommend them if they could serve the main vege's in variety would be more attractive indeed.

Reviewed April 3, 2013

I first tried this restaurant a couple of years ago when I got bored with Banana Leaf Apolo, and it has never disappointed me. It's true, the Ipad menu does not help, but once I saw the waiter promptly provide "old" paper menu to senior guests. Gayatri is very popular with locals and tourists alike, but they manage to sit down everyone without reservation.
I love their lassi and the awesome variety of breads which you can see while cooked, as the kitchen has glass walls.
In my experience this is one of the most reliable indian restaurants in Singapore, you can find good food, friendly service and affordable prices. Enjoy the Monday and Wednesday offer on the Fish head curry...!!

Reviewed March 30, 2013

My family loves the curry fish-head from Gayatri. It is always fresh and yummy. However, the standard of the curry varies from great to good, but, on the whole, it is usually very good.

The same goes for the chicken chop, which comes with an oh-so-aromatic curry paste that pleases the palate. We love the papadam too.

We like it that the curry fish-head is rich in turmeric, which has anti-cancer properties. We always ask for more curry!

At $26 or $27 for a medium-sized fish head, it is good value for money. We prefer the medium size to the large one because the flesh is more tender.

From March 15 to April 15, because the supply of white snapper (ang ko li) is plentiful, the fish head is going for only $13.88, or about half the usual price!

So, when we were there on March 31 at noon, we ordered two fish heads, instead of the usual one.

Happy feasting!