“Poor Service but Food ok”
Review of La Petite Cuisine

La Petite Cuisine
Ranked #2,066 of 11,073 Restaurants in Singapore
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Neighborhood: Tanglin
Reviewed March 6, 2013

Their main outlet at Serene centre has received significantly better reviews than this place and I can finally understand why.

Be prepared to receive worse-than-expected service here as the glum-faced servers seemed unhappy to have customers entering their territory. Do not expect them to guide you to your seats or take your orders. Water is self-service.

Dishes which you can only find here includes this Croissant with Escargots (13.50) which came in a satisfying portion despite being an entree. The fluffy warm bread stuffed with big fat chewy escargots was doused in that delicious mushroom garlic gravy! The idea of croissant with escargots is really a wonderful change to the usual garlic and butter type. I am really curious about the escargots here because they are one of the largest I have tried so far.

For other food like seared tuna with rice and desserts , check out : www.dairycream.blogspot.sg

There are newer reviews for La Petite Cuisine

Reviewed March 5, 2013 via mobile

I have been to La Petite Cuisine several times as the restaurant is near my kid pre school. Great value and try the chicken, beef and pasta. Very simple setting. Best of all; the food is very nice. You will love this place if you like casual french dining

Reviewed January 17, 2013

A quick note in support of other contributor comments: the food is sooo much better than the setting!!! In fact it is sufficiently good that the worn plastic tablecloths and the steady flow of after work commuters brushing past your table seem somehow to fade into the back of your consciousness as you sip your wine and savour what has been set before you. As for the mood of the staff...aren't all the French like that???? In our case the ageing and very handsome chef with the tired eyes and well loved moustache wandered out to ensure that all was in order...we felt chuffed and well catered for! As for atmosphere, there was none, beyond what the customers themselves might lend. A great little place!

Reviewed December 7, 2012

We've visited La Petite Cuisine a few times recently. And what a great place for casual dining. The food is excellent and very reasonable indeed. I love French food but don't like the stuffiness and formality that sometimes comes with it when you go to 'fine dining' establishments. It's just my preference. Which is why I think La Petite Cuisine is perfect for me. Inexpensive tables set on the walkway frontage of the Serene Centre and a few inside just in front of the counter make it very informal and relaxing. Order and pay at the counter and the staff bring your food to your table. A warm bread roll seems to accompany each main course.

We've had the steak and potato dauphinois a couple of times and the confit de canard. Both delicious. Mains are extremely reasonable at around $15 - $18. I had a 3 cheese plate for around $14 on one visit which was just what I needed!

Think the owner chef makes the place run really well. Delighted we have found it. Much as I love Asian food, sometimes a quick, simple and inexpensive French bistro type meal is required!!!

Well done to everyone. Highly recommend.

Reviewed October 28, 2012

Nondescript dining place, very laid-back and casual atmosphere but amazing duck confit bowled me over. Have recommended this to many friends and also brought my family to their branch near upper thomson road, which served food of a similar quality at affordable prices.