“Super service helped make the day truly memorable”
Review of Town Restaurant

Town Restaurant
Ranked #161 of 10,933 Restaurants in Singapore
Cuisines: International
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown Core
Description: From its cool interior designed along clean lines, with seats finished in leather, Town Restaurant is perfect for a power breakfast, casual business lunch or pre-theatre dinner. Town Restaurant offers refined international flavours in an extensive à la carte menu as well as a variety of buffets. It offers a Power Breakfast, International Buffet Lunch, Asian Buffet Lunch, Asian Buffet Dinner, Seafood Gourmet Buffet Dinner, and a lavish Sunday Champagne Brunch with a dedicated kids’ craft and activity room. Enjoy the Singapore High Tea Buffet or after-work drinks by the newly revamped al fresco waterfront terrace, which places you right next to the historic Singapore River.
Singapore, Singapore
“Super service helped make the day truly memorable”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

We had a large group of 22 booked for Sunday brunch to celebrate 2 people's birthdays.
Service was the best I have seen at a brunch in Singapore for the following reasons:

1.When we turned up, the tables were nicely arranged, but the split wasn't quite right for the group, so we asked for a couple of changes. These were attended to without any problem and was quickly resolved.
2. One of the settings was for a 2 yr old - this was done with the high chair in place and plastic cutlery
3. Another child turned up unexpectedly and the staff quickly arranged another high chair
4. Both children were given cuddly toys by the staff
5. The birthdays were celebrated by the band playing at the table and the delivery of two cakes; one for each birthday
6. Paying the bill - where there is a large group and splitting can be problematic, this was no issue
7. A follow up email was sent to the person who made the booking, just reinforcing the customer service focus

While I think there may be better food and beverage offerings for Champagne brunch available, the service we received at the Fullerton will encourage us to book there again. Well done!

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank traveldragon_10

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Singapore
“Good Food But Adequate Service”
Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

A lot of restaurants have one thing in common: unobservant staff....and Town is no exception. My partner and I stood at the hostess stand for awhile until I approached one team member to ask for a table for two.
We were seated at a table on the upper deck, overlooking the lower deck and the buffet spread. An international and seafood buffet seemed to be the highlight. We chose to go with the ala carte menu and picked out the laksa and hor fun with a pizza to
share.
My partner liked the laksa (spicy noodle dish popular in Malaysia and Singapore) served in a fairly huge bowl with generous servings of yellow noodles, fish ball, quail eggs, medium-sized prawns and fish cake slices. Otah (spicy fish paste) was served as a side. The prawns could have been de- shelled though, for it can be messy trying to do it by yourself. For me, it takes the fun out of eating prawns; but my partner did not mind. The hor fun (thick flat rice noodles) came with either beef or seafood. I asked if the kitchen could replace them with fish slices, and they obliged. It was a little underwhelming as the serving was small compared to the laksa, and so I was a little disappointed. Although the fish slices was fresh and thick, the dish could do with a larger serving of noodles. It had the right quantity of corn-starched sauce so that the dish was not too dry but the noodles tasted slightly overcooked to the point of being burnt. It ruined the taste of the dish somewhat. The marguerita pizza we shared was simple yet delicious, and large enough to make up for my main dish. Dessert was premium ice-cream and it proved to be an excellent close to our dinner. It was refreshing yet light with blueberries and black raspberries thrown in. In short, yummy!
The service staff on the other hand, as an extension of my first line at the beginning of this review, could have been more attentive. We had uncleared plates and unrefilled cups of water on our table, despite the fact that a few team members walked past our table numerous times on the way into the kitchen; which was where our table was located. Strategic yet overlooked so often.
Having said that, the gentleman in a black suit made sure we were comfortable and satisfied throughout our dinner by checking up on us periodically. And that is what I call service attention!

• Visited June 2013
“Great Service”
Reviewed June 7, 2013

I have become a regular at the Fullerton's Town Restaurant primarily because of 3 things: 1) great location on the Singapore River with lovely outdoor seating, 2) Outstanding Service, particularly when Azmah is running things and 3) fantastic food either a la carte or buffet.

Visited May 2013
“Awesome buffet !”
Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

Went over with my tertiary classmates for weekday dinner. Was surprised to find the restuarant quite empty, and it worries me abit. However, when we sat down, the food was a good spread! Sashimi has a good spread and fresh. Seafood are also fresh. Not forgetting the dessert, my friend which is a sweet eater, she enjoyed it very much! The staffs also cleared our dirty plates fast enough, maybe because the restuarant is quite empty. But I do appreciate the fast replies from Miss Ashirin whenever I email them in regarding of my reservation. Thumbs up!

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank baby_ling
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent Birthday buffet”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

We (4 adults and 2 children) had a birthday buffet (for me) on a Sunday evening. Such beautiful hotel and great location. We decided to eat on the terrace (which was a bit hot but our choice). The selection of food is great: fish, suchi, pasta, pizza, salads, lots of traditional Singaporean food, cheese/buscuits, fabulous deserts etc etc. Also they provided a cake for my birthday with a candle - lovely touch. Cant fault it really - very memorable.

• Visited May 2013