“Steak? No no no no no no no no no No!” 2 of 5 bubbles

Romano Ristorante
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Waitstaff
Bangkok
“Steak? No no no no no no no no no No!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2012 via mobile

Everything that can go wrong with a ribeye, goes wrong here. Same for the tenderloin my pal was having.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Romano S, Owner at Romano Ristorante, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
The best way to cook a good piece of meat is salt and pepper and throw it on the grill. And at Romano, we used approved US Beef as opposed to Australian where most steak places such as Aston or Jack place use. At Romano we will replace your meal or you will not need to pay if you are for any reason are not satisfied. Unfortunately, we could not served you better as with most of this generation choose to air their unhappiness over internet. We prefer the old way of doing things.

Singapore
“Rejected reservation with Groupon vouchers”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2012

Can't say much of this place after they rejected my reservation after I told them that I had a Groupon voucher. This condition about number of voucher-related reservations accepted per day is nowhere printed on the fine print of the voucher. It was also apparent they had seats cos they took my name and contact number and it was for the opening time of dinner service.

Instead of acknowledging that this was a business decision, they actually pushed responsibility to Groupon by asking me to call them.

Highly disappointing. Don't even want to try their food now.

• Visited May 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank ldgal99
Romano S, Owner at Romano Ristorante, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Idagal99,

That was our first time working with Groupon or any discount schemes for that matter. We we advised by management from Groupon on how to deal with the customers from Groupon. It was a terrible experience for us and we have since refrained from working with any of these companies. And the majority of the customers that we get from Groupons are those that looks for cheap deals and are highly unlikely to be repeat customers. Romano contribute 20% to the food and beverage that each Groupon customers eats at Romano as Groupon makes all the money and we have to pay for customers to eat. It is an obvious decision we had to control freebies each day. But it is the way how Groupon tells us to revert to them that really puts us of, where they don't actually take care of it just as in your case. And we suffer the brunt of the complains as new customers like you who are unaware of what Romano is about thinks we are side stepping issues, and the truth is Groupon advised us to do so. Our mistake was that we actually listened to them.
Singapore, Singapore
“Good food, nice ambience for gathering”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2011

Was there five days ago with a group of friends and a toddler. Third or fourth visit, the first few times with my partner.

The food is good hearty italian fare, no frills but just simple good taste. Good pasta and pizza, nothing fancy but just good food. Love the chicken marsala, quattro formaggi pizza and of course my favourite vongole linguine.

The place has a village feel, diners smile and wave to each other even though they are total strangers. It reminds me of the good old days where people are friendlier...

• Visited November 2011
1 Thank kittyseng
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“feels that prices are too ex.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2008

feels that prices are too ex.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Cozy restaurant I can say. Love their clam chowder and their platter... But too bad I can't eat much that night...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2008