“A chilli crab experience”

No Signboard Seafood
Ranked #312 of 11,380 Restaurants in Singapore
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Geylang
Reviewed May 8, 2013

For pictures and full review: http://travelshootandshare.blogspot.sg/2013/05/no-signboard-seafood-geylang-branch.html

I thoroughly enjoyed my spicy hot chilli crab experience. The sauce was thick with egg and chili. It paired really well with the juicy fat crab which was served on my table. I would suggest getting a coconut for your drink as it will help to quench the spiciness away. A crab cost SGD $55 per kg and one crab weighs approximately 800g - 1.2 kg. Hence, be prepared to splurge on this meal :)

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Not real cheap, but it's money well spent. The food is superb, possibly the best singapore chilli mud crab ever!

Reviewed May 6, 2013

A legendary place to try out seafood in Singapore in a find dinning setup. There are many branches setup all over the island, do make a reservation in advance for dinner and over the weekends.

1  Thank Ethan S
Reviewed May 5, 2013

It's must go (and especially at Geylang road), but only if you are up for a local experience, local food, comfortable with quick and practical at it's extreme service. Must order is a pepper or chilly crab, eaten by hands to enjoy at maximum. Every time we go there, the place is busy, but the staff manage to find a table. Located in a Red Light district of Singapore, the place is reasonable clean, and the food is fantastic. The tables are outside, but the ventilation make the seating easily bearable and enjoying, especially if very cold Tiger bear is your choice.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

This place was recommended to us so we decided to try it instead of going to the more popular Jumbo chain of restaurants. From the moment we step in one of the waiters acted as we were from out of space and couldn't understand that we were there for lunch and needed to be seated.
The other waitress seated us eventually but first needed to know if we had reservations keep in mind that the place had lots of seating , there were only 2 tables occupied at the time.
They sat us at a table that was not ready ( no tableware) while the other tables were. We requested to move. We finally got seated and placed our orders. Chili crab, white pepper crab and noodles. The service is slow and we were completely ignored even though as I stated before the place was empty. My friend requested the extra plate to place the shells, ignored. We requested the finger bowls to cleansed our hands, ignored. He finally, got up and helped himself from a nearby table for the items that we needed and that they supposedly were going to bring to us.
Our meal was absolutely delicious , a bit pricey for the lack of service. My friend and I requested our bill to be split and you would have thought that I requested a kidney. The so called cashier/manager was rude, kept making mistakes and re-running our cards and used profanity. My friend and I kept calmed throughout this ordeal. At this point we just wanted to pay the bill and get out of this establishment without further incident. They are far better places in Singapore to eat with equally great food and service. Avoid this place especially the one at the Esplanade. I checked my credit card and sure enough she double charged me. Horrible Experience!!!!! Go somewhere else. I don't mind paying for a great meal and good service. I wish that there was a minus star rating.

2  Thank Xss29